If you’re looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day or a theme party favor treat, try these super cute chocolate dipped marshmallow heart pops. We recently made them for our Alice in Wonderland as part of the Queen of Hearts area and they were a huge hit. And, there were enough left over that we were able to include some in Ella’s Valentine’s bags for her Spanish class treats a couple of days later.
Not only are these marshmallow pops easy and fast, the kids will also have fun making them. Just be sure that they know not to touch the hot chocolate until it has cooled!
Marshmallow Heart Treats
- 10 ounce bag of Cupid Marshmallows
- Wiltons Chocolate Melts (or Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate or a Mix)
- Place lollipop sticks into the side of each heart marshmallow.
- Pour the Wiltons Chocolate Melts into a double boiler or a small crock pot. Melt on low, stirring occasionally until completely melted.
- Holding the end of the lollipop stick and dip one side into the chocolate, being careful not to touch the bottom or side of the double boiler or crock pot. Lightly tap the stick on the side of the double boiler so that the excess chocolate drips off back into the double boiler.
- Place the dipped marshmallow onto the wax paper to cool.
- Cool completely and then wrap in cellophane party bags for gifting.
Books to Pair with This Recipe
Reading and cooking are two great ways to learn. But, when you put them together, you have a super fun way to create an entire theme around your cooking or your reading project. Try it out and let us know how it goes! (We usually read the book and then do the theme cooking project so we can discuss the book further while cooking.)
affiliate links are used in this post