Please refer to our DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
It is about a pirate crew who makes one sad little cabin boy crew member stay behind to take care of the ship while the rest of the pirates go off pirating. While on the ship, the cabin boy mysteriously receives different unique gifts each day for 12 days–all set to the same rhyming song style as “The Twelve Days of Christmas.” (My favorite were his gifts on day seven. You’ll understand if you know me and my “interests “when you read it.)
To celebrate the pirate theme, we decided to pair this book up with … what else? Brownie Bite Pirate Cannonballs! We made these at Ella’s pirate-themed fourth birthday party and they were the hit of the party. You won’t believe just how easy they are (and we won’t tell because they taste like a million chests of pirate’s gold!).
Brownie Bites (or Brownie Cake Pops)
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix (+ ingredients to make the brownies)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of vanilla icing (like the icing in the tubs)
- 2 12-ounce bags of Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- Bake the brownies according to the package directions. Let cool completely.
- Scoop the baked brownies into a large bowl, breaking them apart.
- Add 1/4 cup of vanilla icing and stir. (I actually use my hands to squish everything around.) If the brownies are too dry, add more vanilla icing until you get the consistency where you can shape the brownie mixture into balls.
- Shape the brownie mixture into balls and set aside.
- Melt the two packages of Wilton’s chocolate candy melts over low heat. Stir until completely melted and keep on stove over low.
- Drop brownie balls into the melted chocolate and spoon melted chocolate over the bites until completely covered.
- Remove chocolate covered brownie bites and places on wax paper to set.
- Repeat steps 6-7 until all of the brownie bites are covered.