Super Quick and Easy Valentine Brownies for Kids
Please refer to our DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
Isn’t Valentine’s Day fun when you have kids? (Especially since The Husband and I are kind of past that Valentine’s Day exchange in our relationship.) So it was nice to pair up this cute book with a Valentine’s Day recipe.
In Celebrating Valentine’s Day: My Special Valentines (Learn to Read-Read to Learn: Holiday) by Kimberly Roark (illustrated by Melissa Iwai), children are introduced to when Valentine’s Day is and what it’s about. The little girl in the book (who remains nameless) goes through each person and group she is giving a Valentine to and why.
The reason that I like this book so much is that it teaches children to come up with something special about each person they are giving a Valentine. I think we live in such a “do it because we have to” age that we’ve become almost immune to thinking about why we do things. This would be a great book to pair up with your kids giving out Valentine cards and also asking them to say one nice thing about everyone they are making a card.
ALSO ON LITTLE COOKS READING BOOKS : Free Valentine Printable Craft
With our Valentine book, we decided to pair them up with these super easy (but fun!) Valentine brownies.
Quick and Easy Valentine Heart Brownies Recipe
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix (+ ingredients to make the brownies)
- 9-12 large heart-shaped marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9″ glass baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Prepare brownies according to package direction and pour into baking pan.
3. Before baking, place marshmallow hearts on top of batter. You will have 3 columns of 3 hearts, or 4 columns of 3 hearts (depending on how you place them). Remember to space them far enough apart that they can melt!
4. Push the marshmallows down gently into the batter (but do not cover with batter).
5. Bake brownies for 35 minutes (or according to package directions). If marshmallows start to get too brown before the brownies are baked, place a piece of aluminum foil over the top until the end of the baking time.
6. Cool completely before cutting into squares around the hearts.