Easy Caramel Brownies
These caramel brownies are sometimes called Samoa brownies because they remind people of the Girl Scout cookies of the same name!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 package Fudge brownie mix + items to make it (according to directions)
- 3 1/2 Cups Shredded coconut (toasted)
- 2 14-ounce Packages of caramels (unwrapped)
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Milk
- 3 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Prepare fudge brownie mix according to package directions and cook according to package directions. Cool completely.
FOR THE TOPPING: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place coconut on a pie plate. Toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring coconut and continue to cook until toasted. Watch closely because it can burn quickly.
In a microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until all caramels are melted and smooth.
Add toasted coconut to the caramel mixture and stir. Spread mixture over cooled brownies and then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Right before serving, heat semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir completely until all chocolate is melted. Heat for a few seconds at a time, if needed. HINT: Do NOT overheat or the chocolate will become chunky instead of smooth. Drizzle over the top of the brownies and cut brownies into serving sizes and enjoy!
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Don't forget to pair the recipe with If You Give A Mouse A Brownie children's book!