Cinnamon Sugar Churros
Serve them warm for the yummiest churros!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Resting Time5 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup All-Purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Vegetable oil or Sunflower Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine water, butter, sugar, salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
Stir in flour a little at a time, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
Add vanilla and egg to flour mixture. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag or churrera.
Heat oil in a deep skillet to 360 degrees F.
Using the filled pastry bag, carefully pipe strips of dough into hot oil, about 6 inches long. Fry until just golden, about 2 minutes on each side--do not overcook! Then, drain briefly on paper towels.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Repeat process of piping, frying, and rolling in sugar mixture until all dough is used.
Serve warm alone or with a dipping sauce like chocolate, strawberry, or raspberry dipping sauce.
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Don't forget to pair the recipe with The Book of Life children's book and movie!