Black Bean and Corn Salad
Some people like to eat this black bean and corn salad salad alone, but we like to eat it with tortilla chips or pita chips like a salsa. It's great either way!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 Cans Black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Cans Sweet corn (drained)
- 2 Red bell peppers diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Green onions chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro chopped (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 Avocados sliced
In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, red peppers, garlic, onions and cilantro (optional).
In a small bowl, combine salt, cayenne pepper, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until combined.
Pour dressing over the salad mixture in the large bowl. Toss until coated.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Dish individual portions and top with sliced avocado slices immediately before serving.
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Don't forget to pair the recipe with an Ivy & Bean children's book!