Spaghetti In A Hot Dog Bun
This spaghetti in a hot dog bun recipe is super simple and really fun for kids of all ages!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 8 Hot dog buns (even stale ones are fine)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted butter
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder (more to taste, if needed)
- 1 package Spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar Spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese (optional as garnish)
Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
Drain noodles from water. Return noodles to pot and add sauce to warm.
Open hot dog buns and place on baking sheet, being careful not to split them.
Lightly brush melted butter onto inside of hot dog buns and then sprinkle with garlic powder.
Broil for 2-3 minutes until inside of bun is just toasted. (Be careful, they burn quickly!)
Remove buns from oven. Carefully spoon spaghetti inside. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Cool slightly before serving.
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Don't forget to pair the recipe with Spaghetti In A Hot Dog Bun children's book!