Last Updated on
These yummy football chocolate rice krispie treats are perfect for Thanksgiving football, Super Bowl Party food, tailgating food, or even a sports or football theme party for the kids! It’s an easy dessert that’s a fun play on the original rice crispy treats recipe. It will definitely go on your favorite recipe list!
Do you make football a family event?
Even if your kids aren’t that interested in sports or football, you’ll still have fun creating these football rice crispy treats.
How To Make Rice Crispy Treats with Marshmallows
Traditional rice krispie treats are made with rice crispy cereal, butter, and marshmallows.
This recipe is for chocolate rice krispie treats with peanut butter, but if you have allergy concerns, you can easily leave out the peanut butter and they will be just as yummy.
Football Rice Krispie Treats paired with Family Huddle Children’s Book
A great football book for kids is Family Huddle by Peyton Manning, written along with his dad and brother.
In case you didn’t know, Manning is a great quarterback who played for the Indianapolis Colts then the Denver Broncos.
His brother is quarterback Eli Manning of the New York Giants.
Family Huddle is based on memories that Peyton has growing up with his father, former NFL star Archie Manning, and also his football peer and brother Eli Manning, where they play football every chance they get growing up in Louisiana.
The illustrations are great, filling the entire page with big, bold colors.
One of the cool things about the book is that it also includes simple illustrations of different football plays–so the football lover in your family will be super interested in this book!
Listed Book Age Range: 4-8 years
For our recipe pairing we decided to make these awesome football rice krispie treats.
They make a great addition to any football party or sports-themed birthday party (and adults and kids will love them)!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE FOOTBALL RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Football Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Football Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 10-ounce Package Marshmallows + 1/2 of another package
- 1/2 Cup Smooth peanut butter (optional)
- 6 Cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Plain (non-flavored) non-stick cooking spray
- White frosting with fine decorating tip
- In large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add 1 complete bag of marshmallows and 1/2 of the other bag and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the melted marshmallows from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal to the mixture in the pot.
- Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray and stir with a until all of the cereal is well coated. Cool slightly.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray. Grab a small handful of the rice krispie mixture and roll between your hands, fashioning into a football shape about 3-4 inches in size. Place “footballs” onto wax paper to cool. Repeat making footballs until the mixture is gone. Let footballs cool completely.
- Decorate the footballs by piping white lines around each end of the football. Then, make the “laces” by piping a line down the middle, from one end of the football to the other. Lastly, pipe the lace lines over the horizontal line.
- Store for up to two days in an airtight container or freeze for up to 6 weeks. (Before serving from freezer, allow to come to room temperature.)
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Other Football Books for Kids