How to make a snowman cheese ball is easier than you think because we make our holiday appetizer the cheater way! This snowman cheeseball dip is perfect for a winter food theme or Christmas party food!
Super Easy (CHEATER) Recipe for Snowman Cheese Ball
This Snowman Cheese Ball is always such a hit at our Christmas parties and it’s a festive snowman appetizer that is fun to put together with the kids!
And, our Christmas appetizers cheat?
Buy pre-made cheeseballs from the store (flavor of choice) and then create the cheeseball snowman from those!
(Shhh! We won’t tell if you don’t tell!)
Read on to find out how!
How do you make this Christmas cheese ball?
This make ahead snowman cheese ball uses a cheat: buy the cheese balls from the grocery store ahead of time instead of making them from scratch!
This just leaves you and the kids with the fun part—turning cheeseballs into an awesome Frosty the Snowman!
In this cheese ball snowman recipe, I have listed what I used for the face, arms and scarf.
However, you can easily substitute other items like in your recipe for this holiday cheese ball:
- A portion of a carrot or red pepper for the nose
- Black gummy snacks fashioned into a hat
- Black olives for the face
Or, anything else that you have available. Just use your imagination!
How do you serve a cheese ball?
Place a cheese ball on a decorative plate and serve with treats!
What do you eat with cheese balls?
- Cucumber slices
- Bell pepper slices
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
- Mini bagels
- Assorted crackers
- Assorted breads
- Tortillas or tortilla chips
- Salami slices
What crackers go with a cheese ball?
Because a cheeseball is firmer, you will want to use a thicker cracker (and avoid the thin water crackers).
Good crackers for cheese balls include:
- Ritz Crackers
- Wheat Thins
- Bagel chips
- Rye chips
- Pita chips
How many days ahead can I make a cheese ball?
Can you make ahead snowman cheese ball? You can make a cheese ball at least 5 days ahead of time before you decorate it (or coat it in nuts, etc.). A couple of hours before serving, remove from refrigerator and decorate and then refrigerate again until ready to use.
For this snowman cheeseball, you can put the outer cream cheese layer on and refrigerate. Right before serving, remove from refrigerator and decorate with eyes, nose, arms, and scarf. (If you decorate too early, the pretzel arms will get soggy in the refrigerator.)
How long do cheese balls last?
Once you’ve made and assembled your cheese ball, it can last (properly stored) in the refrigerator for up to a week. However, if you are using fresh fruit and vegetables in your cheeseball, the cheese balls may only last for a couple of days.
Can cheese balls be frozen?
Cheese balls can be frozen for up to one month. Carefully wrap the cheeseball in plastic wrap and then store in a freezer safe container before placing in the freezer. It is best to freeze the cheeseball before decorating (or coating with nuts, fruits, or vegetables).
Frosty the Snowman Cheese Ball paired with Frosty the Snowman Book
We paired ours up with Frosty the Snowman.
(I mean, everyone loves Frosty!)
You can not only read the book, you can also watch the Frosty the Snowman movie (while enjoying your snowman cream cheese ball!).
Now onto the snowman cheese ball appetizer!
Christmas Snowman Cheese Ball Recipe
This is a cute and yummy snowman cheese ball perfect for Christmas appetizers or any snowman theme party!
- 2 store-bought, pre-made cheese balls (flavors of choice, not coated with nuts or other items)
- 1 container WHIPPED plain cream cheese
- Nut pieces or black olives
- Green onion
- Pretzel sticks
- Separate one cheese ball into two sections–one larger than the other. These will be the middle of the snowman and the head.
- Roll sections into ball shapes. (One will be the middle of the snowman, the smallest one will be the head.)
- Place the second (full) cheese ball on decorative platter or plate. Place the second largest cheese ball on top (connect with a toothpick, if needed). Connect the “head” (smallest cheese ball part) with a toothpick on the top of the other cheese balls.
- Spread the whipped cream cheese over the outside of the cheese ball so that it looks like snow. Smooth with knife.
- Use the nuts or black olives for the eyes and mouth. Use a carrot piece for the nose. Make a "scarf" out of a portion of the green onion. Use pretzel sticks for arms.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with vegetables, fruits, and crackers.
Be sure to use the whipped cream cheese in containers. It goes on smoother and has the appearance of snow.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.