Do You Wanna Build A Snowman treat bags are perfect holiday crafts for kids or for snowman theme activities! You’ll love this cute build a snowman kit that is perfect for Disney Christmas party ideas, snowman dessert ideas, build a snowman game, fun holiday treats, Frozen party bags or if you need Frozen party ideas or edible marshmallow crafts. Great for winter snow day activities, too!
How To Make Do You Wanna Build A Snowman Treat Bags
How do you make a snowman treat bag?
One year we made this super cute Do You Wanna Build A Snowman goody bags for our cookie decorating party. This holiday craft for kids was a huge hit and it’s so easy to put together these Do You Want To Build A Snowman kit bags.
Do You Want To Build A Snowman Treat Bag Ingredients:
- Medium or Large marshmallows for each bag (for the head and body)
- Small marshmallows for each bag (for the feet)
- Pretzel sticks for each bag (for the arms)
- Mini brown M&Ms for each bag (for the buttons) (OR, mini chocolate chips)
- Candy Corn for each bag (for the nose)
- Candy eyes for each bag
(See the full Do you want to build a snowman directions below!)
These build a snowman treat bags also make great Christmas crafts for a class or group, homeschool co-op, or a marshmallow snowman craft preschool.
(They’re an easy make-ahead group craft where you assemble them at home and just hand out the holiday treat bags at your event.)
You can have kids put together the do you want to build a snowman marshmallow man at the party or use it as a Christmas party favor bag for the kids to take home! Either way, they’ll have a ton of fun assembling their snowmen!
I really love watching the kids make a mini marshmallow snowman! It’s surprising how much personality comes out of these DIY snowman crafts for kids!
YOU’LL ALSO HAVE FUN WITH: How To Throw An Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookie Decorating Party
We made this treat bag for our annual cookie decorating party, but had some leftover. We took the leftovers to my daughter’s Spanish class for the children’s Christmas party and the kids were thrilled! The teacher even created a snowman learning unit around them.
How To Make A Do You Want To Build A Snowman Template
For the treat bag toppers, I quickly and easily made these snowman template bag toppers in Picmonkey.com. You can also use Canva.com. (They are both free photo editors and creators and really easy to use!)
- Search online for “free Disney clipart Frozen” or “do you want to build a snowman label free printable.” (Or search for free snowman clipart online at Pixabay.com or even a free Frozen build a snowman printable. I’m sure there’s an Olaf do you want to build a snowman printable out there. We just don’t have one right now!) We made ours as Olaf, the snowman from Frozen, but you can use these for any snowman (even as a Frosty craft)!
- Save the Olaf (or snowman) clipart to your computer.
- Using free Picmonkey.com or free Canva.com, create the text you want. (I used DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN?) Be sure to put the directions on how to make your snowman!
- Place Olaf or snowman clipart by (or above/below) text. The key to creating this topper is to keep the text and clipart centered so that you can trim down the edges to make it fit your bag.
You’ll also have fun with these kids activities:
Ok, let’s get to how do you make a snowman with toothpicks and marshmallows!
How To Make Do You Wanna Build A Snowman Goody Bags
I didn’t put total amounts with this Frozen craft because the amount you will need will depend on how many bags you’re making.
However, I did put the amount you would need to make one Do You Wanna Build A Snowman treat bag.
Just multiply it by the number of bags you’re making.
Here’s how to make edible snowman…
- Resealable plastic bags (sandwich size)
- Bag toppers
- 3 large marshmallows for each bag (for the head and body)
- 2 small marshmallows for each bag (for the feet)
- 2 Pretzel sticks for each bag (for the arms)
- 3 Mini brown M&Ms for each bag (for the buttons)
- 1 Candy Corn for each bag (for the nose), with the widest end cut off (just leave the middle layer and white tip end of the candy corn)
- 2 Candy eyes for each bag (for the eyes)
- White icing (in a tub)
- Small poly bags
- Create and Print a “Do You Wanna to Make a Snowman” bag topper. (see directions in post)
- Trim and fold the template topper to fit the top of your bag sizes. Set aside. (Don't attach yet!)
- In the small poly bags, place a small amount of white icing and seal or tape shut. (This will be used as the “glue” to stick the snowman together and hold the items like the M&M buttons, etc.) Place the icing bag in the bigger resealable bag.
- In the bag, also place: 3 large marshmallows, 2 mini marshmallows, 2 pretzel sticks, 3 mini brown M&Ms, 1 candy corn, 2 candy eyes. Seal the bag.
- Line up the folded topper template with the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” facing what you want to be the front of the bag. Staple the topper on each side.
- Repeat the process for each bag (and make the number of bags you need).
- Hand out at your party or event and watch the joy and happiness!
TIP: If you use regular size marshmallows, you may find that the candy corn is too big and will slide down or fall off. We cut the bottom (widest edge) off each candy corn and just left the middle and pointy ends. It made a smaller and lighter "nose" for the snowmen!
Frozen Movie and Books
You can actually make an entire afternoon theme or party from it!
Here are Frozen books that we recommend to go along with this craft project:
If you’re not doing a Frozen theme, just pair up the project with one of these cute snowman books: