My daughter loves smoothies. She would actually drink them every morning if I made them for her. (There could be worse things, right?) However, I understand that some kids aren’t like that and it’s hard to get picky eaters to get all their fruits and veggies in. When that happens, I incorporate some (often simple) novelty that makes it more fun–like adding a face to this Peach-Orange-Banana Smoothie to make it look like a pumpkin!
The Magic Bullet is perfect for this, but if you don’t have one just be sure to use the ice crushing setting on your blender before switching to the smoothie (or mix) function.
Healthy Peach-Orange-Banana Halloween Smoothie
- 12 ounce can Mandarin oranges (with juice)
- 1-2 containers peach yogurt
- 1-2 banana
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Pour Mandarin oranges, including juice or syrup, into blender.
- Add peach yogurt and bananas.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave until just melted, around 20 seconds.
- Dip tip of knife into melted chocolate chips and make a pumpkin face on the inside of the glass you are going to use. Allow to dry for a few seconds.
- Tip glass and pour smoothie into glass, on the side away from the face.
- Top with green straw for the pumpkin stem.
Great with this Recipe
affiliate links are used in this post