Last Updated on
If you’re looking for fun Halloween drinks for kids, look no further than this healthy Halloween smoothie recipe. It will become one of your new favorite fall drinks! Check out this and our other Halloween party ideas!
My daughter loves smoothies and she’s all about the smoothie recipe.
(There could be worse things, right?)
She would actually drink them every morning when she was younger if I made them for her.
But, now that’s she’s older, she makes them for herself a lot with this single serving smoothie blender attachment.
However, I understand that some kids aren’t like that and it’s hard to get picky eaters to get all their fruits and veggies in throughout the day.
When that happens, I incorporate some (often simple) novelty thing that makes the food or drink more fun.
More Halloween Party Ideas
In the case of Halloween drinks, I added a face to this smoothie recipe to make it look like a pumpkin!
(But, don’t worry. The smoothie doesn’t taste like pumpkin. It’s not even made from pumpkin! READ ON TO FIND OUT HOW WE MADE THIS HALLOWEEN DRINK SUPER YUMMY!)
You can make this smoothie recipe for breakfast or even add it to the menu for kids as Halloween party drinks.
(They’ll love it. I promise!)
DISCLOSURE: Affiliate links are used on this site and may be used in this post.
How to Make the Halloween Drinks Pumpkin Face
For these pumpkin inspired fall drinks, you’ll need to make the face of the pumpkin before you make the Halloween smoothies.
You make the face with . . . (wait for it) melted chocolate.
(We used melted chocolate chips.)
Simply melt the chocolate and then dip a knife (or even something like a chopstick) into the melted chocolate.
Use this to “draw” on the INSIDE of the glasses you will use for the smoothies. It does not have to be perfect (just like when you carve a pumpkin face it probably isn’t perfect).
I just made triangles or dots for eyes and noses and then made different patterns of mouths.
You might want to practice on a glass a few times before you add the smoothie.
Then, let the chocolate dry completely before adding the smoothie or the face will come off!
TIP: We used tall, clear glasses for our smoothies but if I were going to use this recipe for a Halloween party I would use these small party cups.
— Jump to Recipe —
Halloween Drinks: Pumpkin Smoothie Paired with The Roll-Away Pumpkin
We decided to pair up our Halloween drinks with The Roll-Away Pumpkin by Junia Wonders and illustrated by award-winning Italian illustrator, Daniela Volpari.
(It also has fantastic illustrations and you know what a sucker I am for great children’s book illustrations!)
In this sweet children’s book, Marla’s little pumpkin is rolling away.
“Help! My giant pumpkin is rolling away! Onward it goes, rolling and turning, with no sign of stopping! Diddle-dee-doo! Oh, what shall I do?” Marla yells.
Marla chases her rolling pumpkin all over town, getting help from people in town along the way.
Will Marla catch her rolling pumpkin, or will something else happen?
We won’t ruin it for you.
You’ll have to read it to find out!
Listed Book Age Range: 3-8 years
How To Make a Healthy Halloween Smoothie for Fun Halloween Party Drinks
Halloween Drinks: Healthy Smoothie Recipe
- Clear glasses or cups
- Green straws
- 12 ounce Can Mandarin oranges (with juice)
- 2 Containers Peach yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave until just melted, around 20 seconds, stir until completely melted.
- Dip tip of knife or chopstick into melted chocolate chips and "draw" a pumpkin face on the inside each glass with the chocolate. (They don't need to be perfect!). Set aside to dry while you make the smoothies.
- Pour Mandarin oranges, including juice or syrup, into blender.
- Add peach yogurt and bananas.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Tip glass and pour smoothie into each glass (away from the melted chocolate face).
- Top with green straw for the pumpkin stem. (If you are using short glasses, cut the straws in half so you don't have a really long "stem.")
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
ALSO CHECK OUT: