There are so many great food and craft items for St. Patrick’s Day. (Have you noticed lately?) These cute hats mix together leprechauns and the pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow. If you are doing the project with a group and want to save time, cut out the hats and fold the rainbow hair ahead of time.
St. Patrick’s Day Craft
- White, black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple construction paper
- Green finger paint
- Gold glitter
- Black marker
1. Cut a top hat shape out of the white construction paper.
2. Cut long strips out of black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple construction paper.
3. Cut a shamrock shape out of the yellow construction paper.
4. Paint the hat shape with green finger paint and let dry.
5. While the paint is drying, fold the red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple construction paper back and forth, accordion style.
6. Once the paint has dried on the hat, flip the hat over (paint side down) and glue the edge of each red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple accordion strip onto the edge of the hat (so that most of it is hanging down).
7. Flip the hat back over to the painted side and glue the black strip of construction paper above the brim.
8. Glue the shamrock on the right side of the black strip and cover with glue. Sprinkle the gold glitter on the shamrock.
9. Add the child’s name and year with a black marker.