Everyone loves rice krispies treats, right? There really isn’t an easier dessert to make than these no-bake treats.
One of the great things about rice krispie treats is that you can make them into basically any shape you want. Fun-shaped cake pans and bundt pans make great rice krispie treat cakes!
We used a bundt pan to make this great Spring Rice Krispie Treat Cake. We saw a version of this cake on Facebook and decided to make it for Easter. However, change up the colors and you can make it any theme you like. I think we’ll make it for Mardi Gras next year and use the traditional purple, yellow and green colors for icing (and maybe decorate with some fun Mardi Gras beads and doubloons).
After we drizzled the Wilton’s Candy Melts on the cake, we decorated with marshmallow flowers that we made. But, it would be cute decorated with sprinkles or other candy, too!
How to Make a Rice Krispies Cake
To make our krispie treat cake, we used the original Rice Krispies Treat recipe and added an additional cup of marshmallows to make the treats more pliable and chewy.
- Make the rice krispies treats according to the traditional recipe.
- Liberally spray the bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon the rice krispies treats mixture into the bundt pan.
- Using a piece of waxed paper, press the mixture down into the pan and into the sides of the pan.
- Remove the krispies cake from the bundt pan by turning the "cake" over onto a cake plate.
- Place ¼ cup of the first color of melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir until melts are completely melted. DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melts over the cake, going back and forth around the entire cake.
- Repeat the process of heating the candy melts and drizzling them on the cake until all colors have been used.
affiliate links are used in this post