Easy St Patrick’s Day rice krispies made with Lucky Charms cereal! This quick and easy lucky charm rice krispies recipe is ready in just minutes, making these cereal bars a perfect St Patty’s Day preschool activity or green snack for this festive holiday!
St Patrick’s Day Rice Krispies Treat Recipe
Kids will love these Lucky Charms treats! Plus, they’re a super simple recipes for kids activities for St Patrick’s Day and make and take desserts to eat now for a holiday party. For Lucky Charms treat bars you’ll only need a few ingredients — maybe even ingredients you already have in your pantry!
Quick and Easy Homemade Lucky Charms Treats Recipe
Lucky Charm Bars Ingredients:
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Rice crispie cereal (optional)
- White marshmallows
- Pastel colored marshmallows (extra marshmallows, optional)
- Vanilla (optional)
- Green food coloring
- Green sprinkles or St Patrick’s Day sprinkles (optional if you like sparkles!)
KEEP SCROLLING for the full Lucky Charms marshmallow treats recipe printable recipe card below! Definitely add these to your St Patrick’s Day rice krispie treats alternatives!
After you make the St Patricks Day Lucky Charms rice krispie treats, add these other fun St Patty’s Day kids activities:
How To Make Mini Leprechaun Treats (Mini Leprechaun Donuts) – these are fun to make with the rice krispie treats lucky charms treats!
Let’s get to how to make Lucky Charms rice krispie treats! Keep scrolling after the recipe card to get the kids’ recipe and read recommendations to go with the Lucky Charm treats!
Magical Green Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats (No Bake Dessert!)
These St Patrick’s Day Lucky Charms rice krispie treats (aka: Rice Krispie treats with Lucky Charms marshmallows) are a fun alternative to regular rice crispy bars for the green holiday!
The Lucky Charms marshmallows make these snacks fun when you cut into them and see them from the side! (So don’t worry about the green food coloring covering the Lucky Charm marshmallow pieces for these cereal rice krispie treats!)
RECIPE NOTE: You can also make these as Lucky Charms rice krispie treats microwave recipe by melting the butter and marshmallows in the microwave, but I like the old-fashioned stovetop recipe because I think it’s easier to control this way.
PRO TIP: If you’re making these for a St. Patrick’s Day party, press them into mini muffin pans and make mini Lucky Charms cakes!
Here’s how to make these easy dessert recipes for Saint Patrick’s Day! (Don’t miss the recipe and read pairings after the recipe card!)
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag white mini marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup colored mini marshmallows (optional for topping)
- Green sprinkles (optional for topping)
- Lightly spray a 9x12 baking dish with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large pot or sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add white marshmallows. Stir continuously until melted. Add green food coloring until you receive the desired color of green. (We probably added 20-40 drops.) Stir until marshmallows are completely green. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Gradually pour in Lucky Charms cereal, stirring and folding into the marshmallows as you add.
- OPTIONAL: Add in 1/2 colored marshmallows. Stir lightly, but not until they're completely covered with green.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Use wax paper, parchment paper, or your fingers sprayed with cooking spray to lightly press the cereal bars into the baking dish.
- OPTIONAL: Shake sprinkles over top of the treats. Gently press remaining colored marshmallows into top of treats. Allow to set before cutting. Depending on how large you cut these, they'll make 9-12 bars. We cut ours smaller and got about 12 Lucky Charm bars.
If you're in a hurry for these to set, place in freezer for 10 minutes and then cut.
Some people also make these Lucky Charms marshmallow bars with rice krispie cereal. If you want to do this, just reduce the Lucky Charms cereals by 1 cup and replace it with rice krispies cereals.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Recipe and Read for Kids: Lucky Charms Rice Krispies Paired With St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Books
These are fun kids books to pair with the Lucky Charms bars for St Patricks Day for a recipe and read kids’ activity!
Children’s Books About St Patrick’s Day
- You’re My Little Lucky Charm
- The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day
- How to Catch a Leprechaun
- St. Patrick’s Day – Irish Traditions and History for Children
- The Berenstain Bears’ St. Patrick’s Day
- Peppa Pig: Peppa Loves St. Patrick’s Day
Let us know if you have favorite St Patrick Day children’s books to go with the Lucky Charms cereal bars and we’ll add them to our list!
AFTER THE CEREAL BARS LUCKY CHARMS RECIPE, TRY THIS FUN KIDS COOKING ACTIVITY: How Make Magic Vanishing Rolls
Happy Saint Patricks Day!