These leprechaun poop snacks are perfect St. Patrick’s Day party favors or just a fun cooking craft for kids for the holiday! If you’re having a party, you can put them in cute favor bags with a leprechaun poo bag topper to hand out to children for gag gifts, for classroom gifts, or just hysterical treat ideas for kids activities at home for St. Patrick’s Day fun!
No Bake Leprechaun Poop (Funny St. Patrick’s Day Recipes)
These leprechaun poo cookie bites are a funny snack that will make kids laugh! You can even leave them near your leprechaun trap like it was left by those tricky leprechauns on St. Patrick’s Day! (How rude!) This is a cheap and easy recipe for the holiday!
Making Magical Leprechaun Poop Candy
Edible Leprechaun Poo Ingredients:
- Sandwich cookies (like Oreo cookies)
- Vanilla icing
- Green chocolate melts
Get the free printable recipe card below. KEEP SCROLLING for this easy Saint Patricks Day treat idea!
What is the best way to crush Oreos?
One of my daughter’s favorite things about this recipe is that she gets to crush Oreos!
You can crush Oreos with a food processor or a hand mixer. If you have kids helping you with this recipe, definitely let them crush cookies!
How To Crush Oreos Without A Food Processor
- Place Oreo cookies into a resealable bag and seal the bag.
- Place bag on top of a folded dish towel (to protect table or counter).
- Use a rolling pin to roll and crush the Oreos — but not too hard or it will break the bag!
My daughter loves using food mallets (crab mallets) like this to crush crackers and cookies for recipes. She thinks that’s a lot of fun!
RECIPE TIP: When working with melted chocolate we use mini crockpots like this. It keeps the chocolate melted the entire time and it’s great for recipes with kids!
MORE ST PATRICK’S DAY RECIPES / ST. PATRICK’S DAY KIDS ACTIVITIES
St Patrick’s Day Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
St Patrick’s Day leprechaun paper hat craft
How To Make Leprechaun Poop Dessert
If you’ve made 3 ingredient Oreo cake pops, this is just like that — only smaller and green!
Kids LOVE these leprechaun poop joke candy balls! (They’re super cute St Patty’s Day dessert ideas!)
Don’t miss our recipe and read pairings after the printable recipe card!
Leprechaun Poop Treats
These Leprechaun cookie balls make a funny prank Leprechaun poo treat for Saint Patrick's Day. It's fun for a March party or recipes for kids to make at home.
- 10 regular Oreo cookies, crushed into small pieces (not Double Stuff)
- 1/2 cup Green Wilton's Melts
- 1/4 cup white vanilla icing (like the icing in the tub)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place crushed Oreos and white vanilla icing in a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand. (If it seems like you need a little more icing, feel free to add it. Your Oreo/icing mixture should hold together when you make it into a ball.)
- Form the cookie and icing mixture into small balls. Place them on the lined baking sheet.
- When all the cookie mixture is used, place the cookie balls in the refrigerator or freezer for at least an hour. (You can even use leave them overnight.)
- When ready to make the leprechaun treats, melt the green Wilton's melts according to the package directions. (Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted.)*
- Remove cookie balls from the refrigerator. Working quickly and one at a time, place the cookie Oreo balls into the melted green chocolate. Use a fork to roll the cookie ball in the green chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the dish to remove the excess melted chocolate before placing it on the wax paper to set.**
- Continue until all cookie balls have been dipped into the green chocolate and placed on the lined cookie sheet to set completely.
- Once set, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for 3 months.
*SEE THE TIP IN THE POST FOR WHAT WE USE FOR MELTED CHOCOLATE RECIPES! SCROLL UP!
**Working quickly because once the cookie balls start to get warm they will easily melt in the hot chocolate and your cookie balls will crumble.
We made our Leprechaun poo balls pretty small and we got about 20 out of this recipe. The amount you get may vary based on how much you crush your Oreo cookies and how big or small you make the cookie balls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Happy St Patrick’s Day Recipe And Read: Leprechaun Children’s Books
- The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day
- How to Catch a Leprechaun
- Liam the Leprechaun Loves to Fart
- The Secret Life Of Leprechauns
- I’m a Leprechaun (Little Golden Book)
DON’T MISS MORE ST. PATRICK’S DAY FUN: Ideas For St Patrick’s Day Activities For Kids