A great football book for kids is Family Huddle by Peyton Manning, written along with his dad and brother.
In case you didn’t know, Manning is a great quarterback who played for the Indianapolis Colts and now plays for the Denver Broncos.
Family Huddle is based on memories that Peyton has growing up with his father, former NFL star Archie Manning, and also his football peer and brother Eli Manning, where they play football every chance they get growing up in Louisiana.
The illustrations are great, filling the entire page with big, bold colors. One of the cool things about the book is that it also includes simple illustrations of different football plays–so the football lover in your family will be super interested in this book!
For our recipe pairing we decided to make these awesome football rice krispie treats. They make a great addition to any football party or sports-themed birthday party (and adults and kids will love them)!
Super Football Rice Krispies Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 11/2 10-ounce packages marshmallows
- ½ cup peanut butter (optional)
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Plain (non-flavored) non-stick cooking spray
- Canned white frosting with decorating tip, or white frosting with decorating bag and tip
- In large pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add 1 complete bag of marshmallows and ½ of the other bag and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the melted marshmallows from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and stir with a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until all of the cereal is well coated. Cool slightly.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray.Grab a small handful of the rice krispie mixture and roll between your hands, fashioning into a football shape about 3-4 inches in size. Place "footballs" onto wax paper to cool. Repeat making footballs until the mixture is gone. Let footballs cool completely.
- Decorate the footballs by piping white lines around each end of the football. Then, make the "laces" by piping a line down the middle, from one end of the football to the other. Then, pipe the lace lines over the horizontal line.
- Store in air tight container until the party.
If allergies are a concern, leave out peanut butter.
Other Football Books for Kids
AFFILIATE LINKS ARE USED IN THIS POST