Need a simple cherry crumble recipe (also called cherry crumble pie or cherry crisp) or an alternative to a cherry pie recipe? This recipe with cherry pie filling is an easy dessert, great all year for holiday dinners and Christmas dessert recipes to summer cookout recipes or anytime you want a fruit crumble with seasonal fruits or need easy baking with kids recipes.
CHERRY CRUMBLE: SIMPLE FRUIT CRUMBLE DESSERT
Making your cherry crumble with canned cherries is what makes this dessert recipe quick and easy!
(My favorite canned cherries are the ones that are “country cherry” on the label.)
This recipe works for any fruit crumble, so if you don’t like cherries then substitute canned apple pie filling, blueberry filling, or even blackberry filling.
Or, mix it up and make a cherry apple crisp!
What is the fruit crumble topping?
The topping for fruit crumble is super simple:
- Brown Sugar
(Full recipe for fruit crumble topping below.)
Many people leave out the oats and make this as a cherry crumble no oats topping (and it’s just as good).
I like the taste and texture with oats, so we make our fruit crumble recipe with oats.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
3-Ingredient Sugar Cranberries
CHERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE
This is a fun baking with kids recipe because they can really get into the topping and squish around, mixing it up with their hands!
Easy Cherry Crumble
This is a perfect go-to, easy holiday dessert or even for cookouts!
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 6 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a large glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Into the melted butter, stir in oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt until a dry, crumbly dough forms.
- Press about 2/3 of the crumbly dough into the bottom of 9-inch baking dish, making a firm even layer.
- Spread cherry pie filling on top of the crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top crumble is lightly browned and bubbling around the side.
- Serve warm with ice cream or plain at room temperature or with whipped cream.
NOTE: If you don't like cherry, you can use any canned fruit pie filling or even a mixture (like cherries and apples!).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Looking for more easy ways to bake with kids?
Try: Super Simple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Children’s Book and Recipe Pairing
Here are fun children’s books on cherries and pies that you can pair up with this recipe when cooking with your kids: