This easy white bean chicken chili is will quickly become one of your favorite, go-to pantry cooking recipes (especially for crockpot recipes)! (You know, pantry food recipes that you cook using just what you have in the pantry and refrigerator already!) You can easily leave out the chicken and make this white bean chili vegetarian!
My friend Tawni turned me on to this recipe and it’s one of the reasons I’ve remained friends with her.
(I kid, I kid.)
This will actually be one of the easiest recipes you’ve ever made for the slow cooker.
It’s so easy and so yummy that I usually keep the ingredients for this in the pantry as a “Dang what are we going to have for dinner” panic meals.
It’s nice because depending on the kind of cheese you use–shredded or cubed–it can be a short couple of hours to cook or an all day slow cooking chili.
This recipe calls for canned chicken (find it in the same area as canned tuna at the store), but you can easily make this white bean chili with chicken breast, either fresh or frozen. (I often use frozen chicken breasts. I just put them in frozen and let them cook down.)
If you want to be prepared for pantry cooking recipes, keep some of this canned white chicken breast in the pantry as a “just in case.”
I also sometimes add other things I need to use in the refrigerator, like carrots and celery.
It’s still good!
What kind of beans are white beans?
There are several types of white beans: Northern white beans, navy beans, cannellini beans, lima beans. For the white bean chicken chili recipe, use Northern white beans. The flavor is really mild compared to some of the other white beans.
White Bean Chicken Chili Crockpot
- 3 cans great northern (white) beans, undrained
- 1-2 12-oz cans chicken, drained (OR 2 chicken breasts, fresh or frozen)
- 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of water
- 8 oz. salsa (mild, medium or hot-your choice!)
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese (or any cheese you have!)
- Drain liquid from canned chicken.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours if using shredded cheese, or on low for 6-7 hours if using cubed cheese.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top and serve with a side of crusty bread, corn bread or tortilla chips.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 918mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g
LET US KNOW HOW YOUR WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI TURNS OUT!