Air fried pumpkin seeds are so simple you’ll kick yourself if you don’t save the seeds from fresh pumpkins! You can use any seasoning for your air fryer oven pumpkin seeds. We used dill pickle seasoning after loving it on party mix, so we included that recipe here.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRIED PUMPKIN SEEDS
How To Roast Pumpkin Seeds In An Air Fryer
For air fried pumpkin seeds:
- Wash and dry fresh pumpkin seeds (right out of the pumpkin!).
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Mix dried pumpkin seeds with seasoning.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon a single layer of pumpkin seeds into air fryer basket. (Be careful! The basket is hot!)
- Roast pumpkin seeds for 7-10 minutes, stirring halfway through and taking care not to burn.
*Don’t miss our Dill Pickle Pumpkin Seeds Recipe below!
THIS MAY ALSO HELP WITH THIS RECIPE: Can you air dry pumpkin seeds?
Do you need to soak pumpkin seeds before baking?
Some people soak pumpkin seeds in salt water before baking, roasting, or air frying them and swear that this makes them crispy. This is an optional step and we never soak our pumpkin seeds before toasting them. Allow your pumpkin seeds to dry completely before cooking them.
WANT A TRADITIONAL BAKED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE? TRY:
Air Fried Pumpkin Seeds: How To Make Dill Pickle Pumpkin Seeds
You can make roasted pumpkin seeds in air fryer any flavor — sweet or savory!
We decided to try dill pickle pumpkin seeds because we made Dill Pickle Party Mix and loved it, so we thought we would try it with our pumpkin seed recipe, too!
Also, every air fryer is different. Keep an eye on your air fryer because pumpkin seeds can burn quickly.
- 1 cup dried fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Separate pumpkin seeds from pumpkin pulp. Rinse in a colander until all pulp and pumpkin is gone. Spread seeds on wax paper for 4 hours, or until seeds are completely dry (sometimes it takes overnight).
- Once seeds are dry, preheat air fryer to 350 °F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Add dill, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dried pumpkin seeds to the seasoning mixture. Stir until seeds are covered. Add salt and stir again.
- Spoon a single layer of pumpkin seeds into the air fryer basket. Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until crispy. Shake the basket (or stir) halfway through to roast evenly. (Depending on your air fryer, you may have to make them in batches to get them in single layers).
- Remove from basket. Add another sprinkle of salt. Cool slightly and serve. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to a couple of months.
Watch your seeds closely as every air fryer is different. Your air fryer may take a little longer to roast pumpkin seeds or a little less time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Children’s Books Paired With a Recipe
These are great pumpkin books for kids and pickle children’s books to pair up with this recipe: