DILL PICKLE PARTY MIX RECIPE
Does dill pickle party mix sound gross? I have to admit I was skeptical about this recipe for Chex Mix with dill flavoring. (I’m a huge fan of the original Chex Mix recipe, so…)
However, I was so surprised how much I LOVED this. If you have pickle fans, they’re going to love this, too! (It’s kind of a fancy Chex Mix recipe!)
Before we get to our Chex Mix homemade recipe, let’s cover some common questions for making party mix.
How do you make Chex Mix from scratch?
Chex Mix from scratch recipe is really simple! It starts with a base of corn cereal, rice cereal, and wheat cereal. Then other items are added like pretzels, nuts, bagel chips, or rye chips. Coat the mixture in a seasoned butter and bake on low for 1 hour.
What are the different things in Chex Mix?
A traditional recipe for party mix is made with:
- Corn cereal
- Rice cereal
- Wheat cereal
- Pretzel bites
- Bagel chips or rye chips
- Peanuts or mixed nuts
What are the brown things in Chex Mix called?
The brown things in the Chex Mix are rye chips. Many people know them from Gardettos snack mix, but the rye chips can now be purchased separately in boxes or bags in the snack aisle of grocery stores or online. If you can’t find rye chips, substitute bagel chips in your party mix recipes.
How do you make Chex Mix not soggy?
Toasting your Chex Mix recipe in the oven will help it get crisp and crunchy. If, after one hour of roasting, the party mix is still soggy, continue baking in 15 minute increments. After, cool completely before placing in an airtight container. It will get soggy if placed in a container before cooled.
How long is homemade Chex Mix good for?
Homemade Chex Mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to four weeks after making it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Easy Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
Dill Chex Mix Oven Recipe
Some people make their party mix in the microwave, but I think making it the old fashioned way in the oven makes it extra crispy (and that’s what this recipe really needs!).
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups rye chips or bagel chips, broken
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 package (1 ounce) dry ranch dressing mix
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- In a large glass mixing cup, melt butter.
- Stir in dill weed, garlic powder, and pickle juice. Mix well.
- Spray large roasting pan with cooking spray. Pour in corn cereal, rice cereal, pretzels, and rye chip pieces. Stir to mix.
- Drizzle butter and seasonings mixture over the cereal mixture in the roasting pan. Gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle dry ranch seasoning over mixture. Gently stir to mix.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks (if it lasts that long without being eaten!).
This recipe is easily doubled if you need more for a party or gathering.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Pickle Books for Kids
This is a fun recipe because not only is it a great kids’ snack and an easy recipe for kids to make, but you can also pair it up with some fun children’s books!