Need Halloween activities for the family and Halloween ideas for family at home? Cute Halloween ideas for kids, pumpkin theme activities, or even Halloween theme activities for preschool through teens. If you’re wondering how do you make Halloween fun for kids at home, we’ve got you covered for this fall holiday and how to do Halloween at home!
57+ Fun At-Home Halloween Activities For The Family
Wondering what activities can you do at home on Halloween? Halloween is fast approaching and that means one thing: it’s time to start scouring the internet for cute Halloween ideas! We’ve collected some of our favorite Halloween ideas for kids activities, Halloween food and answering what activities can you do at home on Halloween? Get ready for a spook-tacular time with these holiday family activities this year and fun Halloween activities at home.
Here’s how to enjoy Halloween at home with fun activities…
How do you make Halloween fun at home?
Halloween Activities List:
- Have a Halloween candy scavenger hunt instead of trick-or-treating door-t0-door
- Paint pumpkins as a fun Halloween activity
- Do a Halloween costume contest
- Skip pumpkin patches and crowds and have a mini pumpkin toss at home
- Make no-carve pumpkin kittens (great way to skip the pumpkin carving for younger kids)
- Make a Halloween at home kit with special treats for each person
- Play the Halloween ball game (one of our favorite fun things for Halloween at home!)
- Ditch the corn maze and make an at-home haunted house or haunted maze with sheets and blankets
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Have a make your own halloween costumes challenge out of things you find around the house
- Make a candy wreath with Halloween candy
- Have a Halloween marshmallow roast (and make Halloween smores!) and tell campfire ghost stories (or read scary stories from a book)
- Research Halloween costume ideas for family and then do a TikTok Halloween challenge
- Host a Halloween movie marathon
- Have a virtual Halloween sleepover or a Zoom costume party to connect with friends
- Play Halloween flashlight tag (in your costumes!), werewolf tag, or Ghost In the Graveyard
- Dress up in costumes for Halloween at home (even if you’re not going out, it’s still a fun way to make your Halloween celebration better!)
- Make layered Halloween drinks and spooky mocktails
- Play the Halloween gross food game
- Make disappearing ghost crescent rolls and tell a non-scary ghost story
Don’t miss our full list below of Halloween ideas for the family below — perfect for Halloween at home or even if you need party, Halloween event ideas, and fun things to do on halloween at home! Keep scrolling for Halloween activities for kids of all ages and even what to do on halloween at home with friends — Halloween activities indoors or outdoors ideas!
How To Make Halloween At Home Fun
Whether you want traditional Halloween activities, Halloween at home party ideas, or need unique Halloween family ideas for at home Halloween activities, you’ll love these holiday tips!
Here’s the full list of fun halloween family activities without leaving home — from games for Halloween at home and fun Halloween recipes to make with kids!
The ultimate Halloween list of things to do at home with family…
Activities To Do For Halloween At Home
Fun things to do for Halloween at home:
- Have a Halloween at home treasure hunt / scavenger hunt Halloween at home complete with spooky clues and prizes (in at-home costumes, of course!)
- Have a backyard tent campout (or camp in the living room right in the comfort of your own home!)
- Skip the perfect pumpkin carving and make an entire No-Carve Pumpkin Cat Family Craft (fun idea for all ages — even on Halloween night!)
- Make fluffy pumpkin slime
- Have a family-friendly Halloween movie night (there’s something on that list for the entire family!)
- Host a Halloween sleepover (even a family Halloween sleepover — everyone gets matching Halloween pajamas and sleeps together in the family room!)
- Color and play in your own haunted playhouse
- Get a fun monster printable activity pack for the Halloween season
Read on for more good things to do on Halloween at home!
Fun Halloween At Home Ideas With Food
Don’t forget the Halloween at home treats!
Halloween at home activities with food and Halloween at home snacks:
- Creepy Zombie Apple Snacks (We had a lot of fun making these halloween treats because you’re not exactly sure how they’re going to turn out until they’re finished!)
- Homemade Halloween Peeps
- Jack-o-Lantern Face Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cake Pops
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Worms and Dirt Pudding (easy recipe for toddlers and preschoolers Halloween recipe)
- Dill Pickle Pumpkin Seeds (If you’re carving pumpkins, sort through those pumpkin guts and get the seeds!)
- Monster Milk
- Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- Have a Halloween Breakfast party!
Games To Play For Halloween At Home
Whether you’re looking for scary games to play on Halloween at home or Halloween games for the whole family, you’ll find something on this list for Halloween!
Here are our favorite Halloween games…
Halloween at home games ideas:
- Toilet paper mummy game – if you’re looking for silly games to get everyone laughing, you’ll love this one!
- Unwrap the Halloween ball game (One of our favorite things for the holidays and it’s extra fun for Halloween!)
- Donut Challenge (another one of those funny and challenging Halloween party games family members of all ages will love)
- Play a game of Halloween charades (the classic game swapped out with only Halloween themes)
- Witch Hat Ring Toss (good for activity on Halloween to play indoors or outside)
- Hocus Pocus (perfect time to watch the movie and play the game!)
- Play Halloween musical chairs (with a spooky playlist of songs)
- Play Halloween BINGO (to up the family fun for Halloween, give away prizes to winners!)
- Have a Halloween family night board game marathon
- You’ve Been Booed! Halloween Basket Game
Spooky Things To Do On Halloween At Home
Need spooky ideas? Add these for scary to spooky fun…
- Have a scary movies marathon (add these to your scariest thing to watch list for bigger kids / teens or if you need horror Halloween party ideas)
- Tell terrifying stories by a crackling fire (or under a blanket with a flashlight right in the living room for easy Halloween activities that kids will love) – a family favorite Halloween activity at home!
- Make gross Halloween foods for the dinner table
- Read Zombie books
- Play Zombie games (if you have zombie lovers, make it a zombie night for your family ideas for Halloween, including your best Halloween costumes zombies!)
- Download these free scary Halloween coloring sheets and color together
Halloween At Home Crafts
Add fun Halloween crafts for your holiday at home and they won’t even miss a Halloween party!
What can you do for Halloween at home?
- Make no-sew little monsters (I love these for any time of year as a simple way to “sew” a project.)
- Make mini DIY Halloween haunted houses like these
- Compete in a haunted gingerbread house challenge
- Do Halloween diamond painting
- Make DIY Halloween lantern jars
- Have fun with Halloween water marbling
- Make some glow in the dark Halloween rocks (and then hide and hunt them for a Halloween fun activity!)
- Make leaf dancers (get the free printable here for leaf dancers)
Halloween At Home Toddler Ideas
You may be wondering how to make Halloween at home for toddlers fun? Here are the best Halloween activities for little hands and minds to have a great time getting involved.
How do I entertain my toddler for Halloween?
Activities for Halloween at home this year with toddlers:
- Read Halloween Books and make Halloween Themed Food Crafts to go with them
- Have fun with a fall sensory activity (love this for younger children!) or a busy toddler halloween sensory bin
- Make a Halloween paper chain for Halloween decorations
- Make Halloween colored spaghetti (for eating or sensory play!)
- Play with Halloween felt pumpkins like this
- Don’t want to carve pumpkins with preschoolers or toddlers? Grab some mini pumpkins and pumpkin sticker faces like these and let them safely make their own pumpkins!
- Play pin the nose on the pumpkin for simple Halloween for kids games
- Put together some Halloween show and tell ideas and let the little kids present them to you
DON’T MISS MORE HALLOWEEN IDEAS: HOW TO TAKE STORE BOUGHT FOODS AND MAKE EASY HALLOWEEN TREATS!
We’d love to hear your ideas for celebrating halloween at home with kids!
Have fun celebrating Halloween at home!