This autumn sensory activity includes free sensory and coloring pages for fall printable pack to make your own fall leaves, fall trees, and fall pumpkins for autumn hands-on play. Add dyed rice or other fun fall learning items for complete sensory play ideas. Super cute to go with your fall sensory table, fun fall kid activities, and great addition to your preschool autumn sensory bins!
Autumn Sensory Activity For Kids
What do you put in a fall sensory bin?
Sensory item ideas for autumn:
- Dyed rice in fall colors (orange, brown, yellow, red, green)
- Real leaves that you gather from a nature walk
- Small rocks or pebbles
- Bits of hay
- Small pinecones
- Dried pumpkin seeds
- Brown, yellow, orange, and red pom poms
- Fall colored pipe cleaners
- Brown dried beans
- Small apple or pumpkin shaped sponges
- Dried pasta
- Twine or raffia
- Mini pumpkins
- Fake leaves (we like this set that comes with leaves, gourds, pinecones and acorns!)
(Don’t miss the full fall tree activity pack printable below for more autumn sensory ideas!)
What is considered a sensory activity?
A sensory activity is anything that engages senses during play. Sensory activities can stimulate:
- Touch (tactile senses)
Fall sensory activities will use sites, smells, sounds and tastes of fall!
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Fun Fall Sensory Activity With Trees, Leaves and Pumpkins
Our fall sensory printable activity is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids of all ages who enjoy engaging in sensory play.
(My daughter is 13 and still loved creating with this sensory activity. She said it was very relaxing!)
If you’re making this a sensory items for toddlers, be sure to adjust the sensory items to be age appropriate (and not something that would pose a choking hazard).
We made our sensory fall trees, leaves, and pumpkins with dyed rice. LEARN HOW TO DYE RICE HERE. (It’s another fun sensory activity for kids!) Make colored rice first and then use the free fall printable (below) for this activity.
Here are the directions for autumn themed sensory play…
- Free fall sensory printable (see site for link)
- 11 plastic page covers
- Wipe-off markers (whiteboard markers) and paper towel (optional)
- Dyed rice
- Other sensory items for fall like: leaves, pebbles, rocks, twigs, fall colors pipe cleaners, beans, beads (optional)
- Print out the free fall printable pack from our site. Place each page in a protective plastic sheet (so you can reuse the pages!).
- Provide dyed rice and/or different fall sensory items and wipe-off markers.
- Allow your kids free sensory play, create autumn sensory art, or ask them to make up fall stories with the printables and sensory items! The pages in plastic sleeves are also good for tracing, coloring, and writing with wipe-off markers.
Free Autumn Sensory Story Printable
Add this free fall printable to your autumn sensory table ideas! The printouts make great starters for imaginative play and and stories!
Instead of making these into autumn sensory bags, put these printable pages in plastic binder sleeves and they can be used over and over! You can also use wipe off markers (whiteboard markers) to color, trace the objects, and write on them, too!
We love these mini markers because of the built-in erasers (and they work well in little hands).