Fun pumpkin activities for kids, including yummy ideas for pumpkin recipes to make with children. Wondering what can I make with pumpkin or what are some fun pumpkin crafts for kids? Check out our fun things to do in fall with family, kids autumn activities, pumpkin festival activities, Halloween activities for children’s church, or to add to your pumpkin theme lessons, and cooking ideas for after your pumpkin patch with kid activities!
PUMPKIN ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS: PUMPKIN THEME ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOL AND UP
Try these fall pumpkin activities for preschoolers / pumpkin activities for kindergarten ages and pumpkin activities for elementary students and up! There’s something for everyone in these fall activity ideas — even pumpkin activities for adults!
- No Carve Pumpkins (great for pumpkin preschool activities and a favorite fun pumpkins for groups ideas)
- Learn: Is Pumpkin a Fruit?
- Get Printable Gratitude Pumpkin Cards
- Have fun with a foaming pumpkin experiment (fizzing pumpkin)
- Learn the Pumpkin Life Cycle
- Use fall scents and items to make sensory pumpkin activities
- Make a pumpkin hands craft
- Play pumpkins hide and seek
- Watch Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and get some activities to go with the movie
- Use mini pumpkins like these for pumpkin math for preschoolers
- Complete Pumpkin Lessons
- Get free printable pumpkin activities for Halloween preschool cutting practice (free Halloween activities for preschoolers printable)
Get the links for kids activities about pumpkins below! Keep scrolling for more fun with pumpkins!
Wondering what to do with all pumpkin from your garden or farmers’ market? Or, even looking for canned pumpkin recipes to make with kids / things you can do with pumpkins for cooking fun for kids?
Ideas for Pumpkin Recipes and Cooking with Kids Projects
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
- Dill Pickle Pumpkin Seeds (great pumpkin snacks!)
- Pumpkin Cornbread (yummy baked pumpkin recipes!)
- Pumpkin Smoothie
- Halloween Pumpkin Marshmallow Peeps
- Pumpkin Cake Pops
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Read Spookly the Square Pumpkin and make square pumpkin pops
- Use pumpkin centers (pumpkin guts) to make pumpkin cupcakes or pumpkin muffins
*See the links to easy pumpkin recipes and fun pumpkins ideas below!
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Pumpkin Activities Toddlers / Pumpkin Ideas for Preschoolers
Looking for pumpkin activities for kids who are younger or easy pumpkin projects? (These also make great pumpkins crafts and ideas for large groups.)
Pumpkin Activities for Toddlers Ideas:
- Paint mini pumpkins to go with little pumpkin ideas or pumpkin arts activities
- Make no-carve pumpkin kittens (great alternative to preschool pumpkin carving)
- Play with pumpkin felts
- Make pumpkin pie play dough
- Play with pumpkin slime
- Make a toddler fall sensory bin / play pumpkin tray for pumpkin centers (get free pumpkin printable sensory pack)
- Go on an autumn sensory walk
- Create fall pumpkin art with finger paints and miniature pumpkins
- Visit the pumpkin patch and do a scavenger hunt pumpkin activity for outdoor pumpkin activities
- Make a pumpkin plate pumkin for easy pumpkin craft (or an art and craft pumpkin table at a party)
- Decorate pumpkin stickers pumpkins using these fun stickers for easy ideas to decorate a pumpkin
- Play with pumpkin beads (great for Montessori pumpkin activities)
(These are fun for pumpkin activities with preschoolers / October activities for preschool or even pumpkin activities for first grade, too!)
Let’s get to the awesome pumpkins activities for kids!
Ideas for Pumpkin Recipes and Other Pumpkin Fun For Kids
Here’s a mix of fun pumpkin activities for kids / autumn activity ideas — from pumpkin craft activities for preschoolers and pumpkin non-carving ideas, and even fun fall recipes for kids and family!
These are not just activities with pumpkins, but fun projects for autumn themes or pumpkin themes!
Here are the pumpkin themed activities, things to do with a pumpkin, and kids and preschool pumpkin craft ideas…
Let us know your favorite fun things to do with pumpkins or pumpkin craftivity and we’ll add them to our list!