Need creepy Halloween treats or spooky Halloween recipes for parties? These apple treats in air fryer will be Halloween party favorites for kids! Perfect for jack o lantern apples, zombie foods, edible ghost crafts and more!
HOW TO MAKE CREEPY HALLOWEEN TREATS IN THE AIR FRYER
These spooky Halloween party treats will not only be a hit at your kids’ Halloween party or Halloween sleepover, but your kids will also love making them as a fun and easy Halloween food crafts!
Great ideas for healthy Halloween treats, too!
To Make Creepy Halloween Treats From Apples You’ll Need:
- Large apples
- Halloween sprinkles (like orange, purple, or green)
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Cooking spray
- Air fryer
(See the full Halloween recipe below.)
Before we get to our creepy Halloween apple treats, you may be wondering…
Can I make apple chips in an air fryer?
If you’re wondering can you put apples in an air fryer the answer is yes! You can air fry them longer for a crispy apple chip or shorter for a more chewy apple (like dehydrated apples). Air fried apples make perfect creepy Halloween party food ideas
ALSO CHECK OUT: Other Apple Snacks In Air Fryer and Baked
Air Fryer Apples for Creepy Halloween Treats
These apple snacks in air fryer turn out different every time and that’s part of the fun of making them with kids. They shrink and twist and make your zombie snacks, apple jack 0 lanterns, or Halloween monster treats or ghosts take on a completely different look than you thought.
DON’T MISS: Easy Halloween Party Food Treats for Kids
- 1 large apple
- Orange Halloween sugar sprinkles
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Place apple on cutting board, with the apple stem at the top. Slice a small circle off of one side of the apple (starting at top and slicing down toward cutting board). Set aside. Continue slicing about 1/4-inch thick so that you have round slices. (A large apple will give you about 4 slices until you get to the core.) Turn the apple to the other side, slice of a small round and continue slicing the apple slice like you did before.
- Using a toothpick, "carve" a face into each apple slice.
- Leave some of the carved apple slices plain. Sprinkle some with cinnamon and sugar and some with orange sugar sprinkles. Set aside.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 °F for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place carved apple slices in a single layer on bottom of air fryer.
- Air fry the apples for 5-10 minutes, depending on your air fryer. The plain ones will take less time than the apples covered in sugar. Keep a close eye on your fried apples, checking them every 2 minutes so they don't burn. Carefully remove from air fryer and let cool before eating. Continue airfrying until all apples are cooked.
IMPORTANT: Air fryer times vary greatly depending on the air fryer, so your time may vary a little. The apple slices with the sugar will take longer because the sugar melts into the apple. We like our air fried apples chewy, but if you like your apples crispy, you may need to cook them longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Halloween Study Unit Idea
I think these would be cool halloween treats to make for a Halloween study unit with “scary” art, like The Scream by artist Edvard Munch.
You could study Munch and The Scream painting and then try to make your apple air fryer snacks to look like the subject in The Scream!