Need Green Eggs and Ham activities for preschool and kindergarten to go along with reading a Dr. Seuss book classic? We have crafts, printable Green Eggs and Ham ideas, Dr. Seuss games and more to go along with the book. Great classroom activities, homeschool lessons, or even fun crafts for kids at home during storytime!
GREEN EGGS AND HAM ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS AND KINDERGARTEN
Fun green eggs and ham ideas for preschool and kindergarteners:
- Make a green eggs and ham recipe
- Grab some Green Eggs and Ham free printables
- Create a fun lap book from the story
- Do Green Eggs and Ham STEM activities
- Create with Green Eggs and Ham crafts
- Learn about the different colors of real eggs
- Do some Green Eggs and Ham math activities for preschool
- Play egg games
- Learn about Dr. Seuss
- Take a virtual field trip to the Seuss museum
*See our full list of Green Eggs and Ham preschool activities below!
What is the lesson of Green Eggs and Ham?
The moral of this story is to try new things and not judge something before you try it or by how it looks. The character in the story does not like green eggs and ham, but he tries them for his friends. He learns that after he tries them, he actually likes them!
This is a great storybook to create lessons on:
- First impressions
- Don’t judge a book by it’s cover
- Peer pressure
- & MORE
ALSO CHECK OUT:
We’ve listed these as preschool activities for Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. However, they can easily be fun learning activities for older students, too! (For example, for older students, maybe you want to expand it into a farm unit and learning about where our food comes from.)
Some of these are even great for toddler learning activities (especially #3 on our list!).
Have fun with these story time activities!
21 Ideas for Green Eggs and Ham Activities for Preschool and Up!
Green Eggs and Ham Activities and Lesson Plans
Add these activities to do with Green Eggs and Ham for preschool or kindergarten reading crafts or even Dr. Seuss Day!
- Read the Green Eggs and Ham book and then watch the cartoon.
- Have a party (grab some Seuss theme decorations!) and make silly TikTok videos or take fun pictures.
- Make a Green eggs and ham edible Seuss craft. (This is a FAVORITE activity for green eggs and ham, especially if you’re looking for green eggs and ham activities for preschool! SO EASY!)
- Do Green Eggs and Ham worksheets. (Get FREE printables here!)
- Play an egg matching game.
- Dye green eggs.
- Use Green Eggs and Ham magnet play to tell the story and talk about the what is the meaning behind Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss.
- Are there really green eggs? Learn about what makes eggs different colors!
- Play EGGED ON!
- Dress up and act out the story.
- Play Green Eggs and Ham games. (Here’s a fun Green Eggs and Ham STEM activities online game!)
- Do a Green Eggs and Ham art project.
- Play Egg Toss.
- Make a Green Eggs and Ham lapbook.
- Make a green ham recipe with a real green egg!
- Learn about Dr. Seuss.
- Watch a History of Dr. Seuss video and learn more about the author.
- Have egg spoon race contests.
- Make a Green Eggs and Ham sensory bin.
- Expand the “don’t judge a book by its cover” theme and look into other foods that are ugly or beautiful on the outside, but are the opposite on the inside.
- Want to tie it in with a Bible lesson? Do a lesson on judging others.
What are your favorite green eggs and ham activity ideas? Let us know in the comments!