A boo basket for Halloween is a fun Halloween activity for kids! We’ll cover what do you put in a boo basket for Halloween, including fun Halloween Boo Basket ideas for families, teens, kids, or adults (spooky baskets for him and her!). We even have toddler boo ideas Halloween bags! Learn all about the booed meaning, Halloween boo instructions, and booing someone!
Fun Boo Basket for Halloween Ideas
Booing at Halloween is a trendy a fun game for Halloween. A Halloween boo basket, also called a boo bucket, boo box, boo bag, or spooky basket, is a fun way for kids to “Boo” friends and even Halloween baskets for adults!
What is in a Boo Basket?
Halloween Boo Basket Ideas:
- Halloween candy and treats
- Homemade cookies
- Glow sticks
- Halloween socks
- Mini pumpkin lights
- Hot chocolate packs
- Halloween themed books
- Candy apples or caramel apples
- Pumpkin stress balls
- Eyeball candy
- Halloween Peeps
- Movie tickets to a Halloween or scary movie
- Gift cards
- Halloween popcorn
- Apple cider
Get more Halloween basket ideas below. KEEP SCROLLING to learn how to get boo ed or be a boo for Halloween!
If you’re new to this idea, you may be wondering what is a boo gift?
What is a Halloween Boo Box?
A Halloween Boo Box or Boo Basket is a like an Easter Basket, except for Halloween! It is filled with Halloween themed items and candy and then left on neighbors porches or friends’ doorstep, with instructions that they’ve been BOOed and now it’s their turn to BOO someone else! It’s just a fun kindness project for Halloween holidays!
You can even do you’ve been booed for other holidays like Christmas, Easter, and even a you’ve been booed for spring or other seasons! (Check out how to make a snow day survival kit!)
How To Boo Someone for Halloween
Getting Boo’d (or Booed) is a fun way to celebrate Halloween. To boo people or boo your friends or family, simply put together Halloween baskets with fun Halloween fillers and anonymously drop them off at the recipient’s house. Leave a Halloween boo printable or note telling them they’ve been BOO’d and what to do next.
Getting booed on halloween is a fun honor, so be sure to boo it forward and create your own boo baskets!
Here’s how to play the boo game Halloween…
What are the rules of being booed?
- Make a Halloween bag basket treat for a friend or neighbor. (Booing neighbors is a fun kindness act!)
- Add a description of a being boo’d. (Remember, not everyone knows what being booed means!)
- Include a Boo Basket printable and sign.
- Sneak your boo gift onto the porch, stoop, desk or doorknob of a your boo target.
- Don’t mention the gift to them! It’s a surprise and anonymous!
Be sure to include a Halloween boo basket printable with your gift with booed instructions!
Wording for Boo Basket Halloween Printable Directions and Boo Instructions:
- You’ve been Booed! We hope you enjoy your Halloween basket of boo!
- If you want to keep the fun going and Boo It Forward, place a sign in your front window that says, “We’ve been Booed!”
- Then, make your own Boo Bag or Boo Basket for someone and drop it off anonymously. Don’t forget to give them these spooky boo bag instructions, too!
TIP: If you boo neighbors or are doing a Halloween neighborhood boo, be sure to include a printable I’ve Been Booed sign (or we’ve been booed) that they can hang in their window or on their door. That way it lets other neighbors know not to repeat a boo basket drop off for that house. You can make free boo signs with free online software like Canva and PicMonkey.
Also Check Out More Halloween Fun Day Ideas:
Now that we’ve talked about what is a boo basket, you may have heard of a boo bag…
What is a boo bag Halloween?
A Halloween boo bag is the same as a Halloween booed basket, except it’s in a Halloween gift bag instead of a box or basket. It is filled with fall treats and Halloween theme items and then left for a friend or family member as a thoughtful boo gift.
TIP: If you’re wondering what do you put in a Boo package, don’t stress! It doesn’t need to be an entire basket of Halloween gifts! You can make a small Boo Halloween Bag (using mini bags like these) and just add a few pieces of candy or even homemade cookies for easy Halloween boo bag ideas. These are great if you’re wondering how to start a boo basket at work!
What does a spooky basket consist of?
Some people use spooky basket interchangeably with boo basket or Halloween boo bag. However, a spooky box or spooky basket can be made with scarier items as a Halloween bag for teens or adults. Include spooky themes like zombies, monsters, gore, and more.
What is the point of a spooky basket?
The point of Halloween spooky baskets (Halloween Boo Baskets) is to surprise a friend or neighbor with a thoughtful Halloween gift. However, today many homes and areas have security cameras, so it’s harder to sneak a basket onto a neighbor’s or friend’s porch or stoop. If your kids are booing friends, you may want to alert the parents ahead of time and ask parents to help keep the identity of the giver a secret.
Where To Buy A Halloween Basket
You can use any kind of container (large or small, depending on who you boo) for a boo Halloween box or basket:
- Mini treat boxes like these
- Plastic Halloween trick-or-treat pumpkin
- Halloween treat boxes
- Mini Halloween pails
- Halloween bags like these
- Halloween basket (look for orange, black, white, or purple Easter baskets)
- Mini coffin boxes (great if you’re doing a Halloween spooky boo box)
- Mini pumpkin containers (we love these, especially if you’re doing many booed packages)
Halloween Baskets Theme Ideas
- Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
- Scary Movie Night
- Fall Apple Theme
- Zombie Apocalypse
- Ain’t Afraid Of No Ghosts (Ghostbusters Theme)
- Willy Wonka Candy
- Monster Mash
- Murder Mystery
- Halloween Escape Night
- You’ve Been Boozed (for adults)
Halloween Basket Ideas For Best Friends, Neighbors, and Family
What should I put in a spooky basket? (Or, Halloween basket fillers can be anything you like! You can make your Boo Halloween basket a general Halloween theme or you can customize it for to the person you’re giving it to!
Let’s start with Halloween basket ideas for kids…
What do you put in a kids boo basket?
- Halloween themed stuffed animal
- Halloween pencils
- Mini flashlights
- Fruit snacks
- Glow bugs
- Pumpkin cake pops
- Dill pickle pumpkin seeds
- Purple popcorn ball monsters
- LED Gloves
- Halloween stampers
- Finger puppets
- Halloween fidget toys
- Halloween pop toys
What do you put in a Halloween Boo basket for teens?
- Escape Room game (like this)
- Funny candy
- Phone chargers
- Journal or sketch book with Halloween colored pencils or pens
- Card games
- Hot cocoa gift jar
- Hot chocolate bombs and creepy zombie mug
- Halloween vinyl stickers
- Ghost stress balls
- Halloween nail art
- Temporary tattoo markers
- Halloween bath bomb
Boo Basket Ideas for Toddlers
If you’re looking to make a Halloween boo basket for toddler, you’ll want to be careful of not adding candies or toys that could be dangerous to them.
- Halloween board books
- Squeeze fruit
- Halloween felts or fall felts
- Stuff for a Halloween sensory bin
- Halloween sensory jar
- Halloween marshmallows
- Wood Halloween puzzles
- Press and Play Baby Shark Halloween book
- Cute ghost plush
ALSO CHECK OUT: Best Preschool Halloween Books
Looking for spooky basket ideas for adults? (YES! You can even make Halloween baskets for adult friends! Grown ups like being booed on Halloween, too, so don’t leave them out of the boo Halloween game!)
These are great for Halloween basket for boyfriend or Halloween basket for girlfriend, too.
A fun theme for adults is a You’ve Been Boozed (include a you’ve been boozed printable sign or a I’m here for the boos sign!) and fill a Halloween booed basket / you’ve been boozed basket with different fall theme beers and wine.
What do you put in a man’s spooky basket?
Spooky Basket for him:
- Mini alcohols or fall beer
- Funny Halloween socks
- Halloween tie
- Movie gift cards
- Vintage candy
- Sporting event tickets
- Skull car air fresheners
- Skull coasters
What should I put in my boo basket for a friend?
Spooky basket for her:
- Hocus Pocus mug
- Honey spoons
- Bottle of wine or cider
- Kitty spa mask
- Comfortable Halloween socks
- Free babysitting or Girls’ Night Out coupon
- Sports tickets
- Fall bath bomb
- Gourmet chocolates
Tailor your Halloween Boo Baskets for friends to meet their specific needs!