Wondering how to make s’mores in the oven for indoor smore desserts sweet treats? This is an easy baked dessert recipe (sheet pan dessert) perfect for indoor camping party theme ideas, food for movie nights, when you need easy recipes desserts few ingredients, or even easy winter desserts for a crowd! Yummy, gooey marshmallows with melted chocolate with this oven smores recipe for any time of year (even without an open fire while camping or fire pit!). Here’s how to make indoor s’mores…
How To Make S’mores In The Oven
Oven smores are a great alternative when the weather is bad, when you don’t want to do campfire s’mores, football party food, or even for an indoor camping party theme! These are also great for birthday parties because you can make them in a large square pan, sheet pan, or baking sheet in large amounts. It’s an easy way to make smores indoors for parties or for fun fall kids activities!
Can you make s’mores in the oven?
Yes! You can easily make s’mores in the oven at home with a cookie baking sheet or even foil packets. A smores dessert in oven is just as tasty and makes ooey gooey indoor smores like camping smores!
If you’re wondering how to make smores at home (or tin foil smores), you’ll love this easy smores in the oven easy sheet pan recipe!
So, yes! Baking s’mores and making s’mores at home without compfire is really a thing.
How To Make S’mores In Oven
Smores recipe oven baked ingredients:
- Graham crackers
- Square marshmallows / large marshmallows
- Chocolate bars (Hershey’s chocolate bars, milk chocolate bars, your favorite chocolate squares / dark chocolate, or even chocolate chips!)
- Cookie sheet / baking sheet pan
- Aluminum foil (if making smores in aluminum foil packets) or parchment paper
(See full oven baked s’mores recipes below. KEEP SCROLLING for the printable recipe card, how to make s’mores in the oven in foil, and the recipe and reading pairing for kids!)
What happens to marshmallows in the oven?
Marshmallows in the oven will eventually expand and melt, so you can only toast them in the oven for 3-5 minutes when making oven smores (or any kind of smore bake). When making oven baked smores, keep an eye on your marshmallows!
How long should you put marshmallows in the oven?
If you’re toasting marshmallows with the broiler, only leave them in the oven for 1-2 minutes because they will quickly burn and may even catch fire because the burning sugar gets so hot. If you’re toasting them in the oven (making a roasted marshmallow in oven like with smores), you can leave them in a little longer, around 3-5 minutes.
How long to make s’mores in oven can vary based on your oven, so definitely keep an eye on your dessert s’mores the first time you cook smores this way!
ALSO TRY THESE S’MORE RECIPE IDEAS:
How do you roast marshmallows indoors?
You may be wondering how do you make S mores without a torch or roast the marshmallows indoors. If you want that roasted marshmallow taste and effect like when roasting marshmallows on a campfire, then roast marshmallows in the oven using the broiler setting before adding the top graham cracker or the square of chocolate. But, watch closely! Marshmallows burn within a couple of minutes!
This will create a golden brown marshmallow and add that traditional smore recipe over campfire flavor to these indoor dessert recipes.
Roasting marshmallows indoors can also be done easily using this.
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER S MORE RECIPE IDEAS:
(how to make a smore in the microwave)
Let’s get to how to make smores in oven. (The easy baked S’Mores directions in aluminum foil is after the main recipe.) I love these how to make s mores indoors recipes!
EASY OVEN SMORES RECIPE
This is such a simple oven s’mores recipe that you’ll be tempted to make these in all the cold weather months for easy snacks!
These s more recipe oven baked desserts are just as good as the ones toasted over a campfire / your favorite camping treats.
(You can even try them in your toaster oven instead of the oven.)
If you’re looking for easy winter desserts with few ingredients or fall indoor treats, these are it! Perfect way to make crispy graham crackers with melted chocolate and gooey marshmallow inside (and still tastes like the classic treat you know from childhood!).
IMPORTANT: If you want to know how to make homemade s’mores in oven aluminum foil packs, it’s after the recipe. So keep scrolling after the oven-baked s’mores recipe.
- 8 graham cracker sheets, halved
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars, broken into sections
- 8 large marshmallows squares
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Break graham crackers into “squares” (or in half) and lay them in a single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet. (Set aside “top” or other half of graham cracker square until after baking.)
- On top of graham crackers, lay chocolate bar squares until the graham crackers are covered.
- On top of the chocolate squares, place marshmallow squares. If you don’t have marshmallow squares, use kitchen scissors to cut the marshmallows in half so they lay flat.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake partially assembled smores in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the marshmallows start to puff and turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place top graham cracker onto the marshmallow. Push down lightly.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove each s’more “sandwich” from the cookie sheet. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
How To Make S’mores In The Oven Without Graham Crackers
I always say this when talking about s’more recipe ideas, but don’t be afraid to play around with recipes for smores and think outside of the traditional smores recipe!
It doesn’t have to be just Hershey’s milk chocolate bar, marshmallow halves, and graham squares. Try out any kind of chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, Girl Scouts cookies, potato chips, or Reese’s peanut butter cups, too!
How To Make S’mores Without Graham Crackers
- Potato chips
- Saltine crackers
- Ritz crackers
- Cookies (of any kind, like Oreos!)
- Keebler Crackers
- Pretzel Chips
- Nilla Wafers
- Macron (s’more macaron sounds awesome!)
Again, use your imagination for baked smore recipes! (Let us know your s’mores recipes oven variations and we’ll add them to the list!)
Smores In Oven Aluminum Foil (Smore In The Oven Using Foil)
How To Make S’mores In The Oven With Foil
There are different ways to make smores indoors and oven baked s’mores.
You can also make s’mores in foil packets in the oven for a less mess oven recipe!
It’s another great way to make a large quantity of smores! (One of my favorite methods for parties!)
I like using these foil sheets because it’s easy for making a large amount of the same desserts like this recipe (and an easy recipe for a crowd).
Here’s how to cook s’mores in the oven using aluminum foil…
For your s’mores wrapped in foil in oven:
- Assemble smores using the traditional smore recipe for the smores sandwich: graham cracker, chocolate bar, marshmallow, graham cracker.
- Place prepared smores in an aluminum foil square. (One smore per foil packet.) Fold foil around s’mores.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place smore foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted. Carefully open oven smores foil and serve smores while warm.
Baking ‘s mores in oven aluminum foil is a super simple this way because you don’t have to worry about any melting marshmallow or chocolate clean-up. It’s all contained in the foil pack!
I love this easy s mores recipe for a camping theme party!
You can just leave the desserts in the pack and place the wrapped smores in a serving dish once they’ve cooled a little!
It makes for a pretty quick and easy oven S’mores recipe.
RECIPE AND READ: Fun Books for This Kids’ Smore Recipe
These are fun children’s books to pair with learning how to make smores in the oven. Definitely add these to your kids activities blog list of ideas!
(If you have other book ideas, leave them in the comments and we’ll pair them with our How to Make S’mores Indoors recipe list!)
Let us know how you like this s’mores recipe oven bake recipe!