Last Updated on
These fun and easy layered Jello cups are perfect for any patriotic holiday desserts 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, or any time you need a red, white and blue theme for an easy dessert for a party or cookout dish. One of the fastest and easiest Jello recipes you’ll ever make! Need another theme color? Simply swap out the colored Jello!
If you are looking for easy patriotic desserts (fun for holidays like Memorial Day jello desserts or 4th of July dessert) or fun Jello recipes for cookouts or parties, look no further!
These Red, White, Blue layered Jello cups will quickly become a go-to favorite at family gatherings for kids and adults alike.
It’s like a mini red white and blue jello salad for one!
(Think: red white and blue trifle, but with Jello!)
Layered Jello Recipe
For our Red White Blue Jello Cups, we used simple, small juice glasses (like these).
However, this is a really pretty dessert and would look fabulous in some fun dessert cups.
You just want to be sure that you get clear dessert cups so you can see how cool these look from the side!
How To Make Layered Jello Cups
Since there is no red white and blue Jello, you have to make each color and then layer them.
But . . .
Making this colorful layered Jello cups dessert is super easy—you just make the Jello according to packaged directions.
Once set, you simply spoon it into your dessert dish, alternating colors, and top with whipped cream and red, white, and blue sprinkles (or nonpareils).
We also put a little twist on our layered Jello and added in some pudding for the “white” part of our patriot dessert!
(We’ll tell you how we layered it in the recipe below.)
So easy for such a great little dessert and it’s simple enough that the kids can even make their own!
File this one under: Super Easy Desserts
DISCLOSURE: Affiliate links are used on this site and may be used in this post.
Red, White, Blue Jello Cups Paired with What Does It Mean to Be American?
We decided to pair up these beautiful little red-white-blue Jello patriotic desserts with an American theme and chose What Does It Mean to Be American? children’s book by authors
From the book synopsis:
An engaging picture book for children that celebrates what it means to be American―regardless of politics!
What does it mean to be American? Does it mean you like apple pie or fireworks? Not exactly.
While politics seem to divide our country into the two opposing teams of red and blue, one truth remains: we are all Americans. But what does that mean?
This continuation of the popular What Does It Mean to Be…? series provides a nonpartisan point of view perfect for any and all Americans who are proud of who they are―and where they come from, regardless of their political views.
Listed Book Age Range: 4-8 years
PIN TO SAVE
How To Make Layered Jello Cups
Red White Blue Jello Recipe
Red White Blue Jello Cups
- Clear juice glasses or dessert cups.
- 1 Package Red Jell-O (flavor of choice)
- 1 Package Blue Jell-O (flavor of choice)
- 1 Package Vanilla Pudding (plus ingredients on package for preparation)
- 1 can Whipped Cream
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles or nonpareils for decorating (optional)
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare the red Jell-O, the blue Jell-O, and the vanilla pudding in separate bowls.
- After both Jell-O and pudding have set, assemble the desserts by spooning blue Jell-O into the glass, followed by the vanilla pudding and ending with the red Jell-O on top.
- Spray whipped cream on top of each and sprinkle with red, white and blue sprinkles or nonpareils.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Instead of the store bought whipped cream, you can try out our homemade whipped cream to use with this dessert.
(It’s SUPER easy!)