Learn how to play the candy bar game (also called the chocolate game knife and fork or the unwrap the candy bar party game) for fun family Christmas icebreaker games, Halloween candy bar game ideas, church game night ideas, family reunion game, a holiday cookie exchange party, or birthday game ideas or any candy game kids’ party games!
HOW TO PLAY THE CANDY BAR GAME AT HOLIDAYS OR PARTIES
This candy bar ice breaker game will leave every party guest howling with laughter! Guests of all ages love this candy bar game with oven mitts and have fun unwrapping the candy bar while wearing oven mitts and using a knife and fork, so definitely add it to your games to play with candy bars or fun holiday games!
How do you play the chocolate bar game?
To Play the Candy Bar Game With Dice You’ll Need:
- Oversized chocolate bar wrapped like a present
- 2 dice (it’s a dice candy game!)
- 2 oven mitts
- Butter Knife
- Pie plate or paper plate (to roll the dice in)
Check below for the full chocolate candy bar party game printable directions and candy passing game ideas below! All you need is candy and the game instructions to play! KEEP SCROLLING!
This is one of those popular candy bar games for Christmas (and chocolate candy bar games everyone loves!), but you can play this game for any party theme!
Make these candy bar games for baby shower, candy bar game for birthday party, candy bar games for work holiday parties, candy games for youth groups, or if you’re looking for candy bar games for parties for Halloween or a New Year’s Eve dice games and more!
Just change up the wrapping paper on the candy bar to match your themed party.
What is the candy bar game with oven mitts?
You may be wondering how do you play the candy bar game (the Christmas candy bar game / candy dice game)? To play the chocolate game for adults and kids, you unwrap the candy bar (while wearing oven mitts!) and then cut off as many pieces of the chocolate bar (with a fork and knife while wearing oven mitts!) before the person next to you rolls doubles on dice (the same numbers). The person with the most pieces of candy bar at the end wins!
NEED MORE CHRISTMAS PARTY GAME IDEAS?
How do you win the chocolate game?
To win the chocolate game / Christmas candy dice game, a person must be the last one to unwrap the last piece of chocolate bar and have the most pieces of chocolate. The player must unwrap and cut off the chocolate piece before the next person rolls the specified numbers. If the person rolls the correct numbers before the person cuts the last piece of chocolate, the candy bar is passed to left and game play continues. The last person to cut the last piece of chocolate with a knife and fork (while wearing oven mitts) wins the chocolate bar game!
Super fun games for candy bars for all ages!
Get the how to play candy dice game printables below with the candy dice game rules!
You’ll also love these other group and team Christmas game ideas to go with your candy party game!
Looking for more games with candy bars? Check out:
(aka: candy bar match game – another fun candy bars game!)
If you’re familiar with the Saran Wrap candy ball game (aka: Christmas oven mitt game) for homemade family game night ideas, this candy bar unwrapping game is similar to that but just using a large chocolate bar.
This is a fun candy bar game for Christmas, Halloween, birthday parties, or anytime you need fun group party games!
One of the things I like about this game is that you don’t need a big pile of candy bars. You just need one, oversized candy bar (that feels like an endless chocolate bar when you’re playing the game!).
Where to buy candy bars for candy bar dice game / candy games for parties?
Here are the chocolate candy bar game rules and how to play candy bar game / candy pass game …
Playing the Candy Bar Party Game (Funny Candy Party Games)
Many play this as a candy bar game Christmas party game, but it is great for any time of the year or any party theme!
Also, there are different variations on how to play the knife and fork chocolate game, but we like this one best (especially since it involves kids NOT eating a huge amount of chocolate to win!).
You can make up whatever candy bar game variation that works for your family!
This really is one of those funny candy games that gets party guests of all ages laughing because it’s so ridiculous!
Before we get to the play candy game…
SECRET TIP FOR THE GAME WITH CANDY BARS (and how to play the candy bar game with dice):
This game is also called the eat the candy game.
You can make these candy eating games, but honestly, it quickly becomes too much for everyone.
We play our candy unwrap game with the rule that you have to keep your chocolate pieces until the end (and not eat them during the game!).
If you don’t want your kids loading up on a ton of chocolate, you can make a game rule that they have to put their chocolate pieces aside until the end of the game.
(Then you can regulate how much they can eat and have them save the rest for later in a baggie.)
Remind them that the person at the end with the most chocolate wins!
Here’s the candy dice game printable to play your candy themed games…
- Oversized candy bar, wrapped like a gift
- 2 dice
- 2 oven mitts
- Butter Knife (or other non-sharp knife)
- Small prize to give to the winner (optional)
- Wrapping paper (for theme of party, like Halloween wrapping paper or Christmas wrapping paper)
- Pie plate or paper plate to roll the dice in
- Baggies (for guests to put their chocolate pieces in after the game)(optional)
- Have everyone sit around a table (with nothing else on the table). Place the wrapped candy bar, oven mitts, and fork and knife in the middle of the table.
- The person who rolls the highest roll goes first. This person (PERSON A) starts with the oven mitts on and tries to unwrap the chocolate bar while the person to their left (PERSON B) quickly tries to roll doubles. PERSON B rolls over and over until they get doubles, all the while PERSON A is trying to unwrap the chocolate bar with oven mitts on.
- When PERSON B rolls doubles, PERSON B passes the dice to PERSON C on their left, who quickly tries to roll doubles. PERSON A passes the oven mitts, fork and knife to PERSON B, who now puts on the oven mitts and tries to unwrap the candy bar.
- During any turn, If the candy bar is unwrapped down to the chocolate, the person with the oven mitts must use the fork and knife to try and break off/cut the candy bar ONE PIECE AT A TIME. Any candy pieces they cut off/break off during their turn, they get to keep. DO NOT EAT THE PIECES DURING THE GAME! The person who has the most pieces at the end wins!
- Play continues until the last piece of the chocolate bar has been claimed. The person with the most chocolate pieces at the end wins the game! Players can eat their candy bar pieces or save them for later. You can give the winner a small prize if you want (like a $10 gift card) or even something funny like a toothbrush set (since the game is about eating candy).
TIP: If you have little ones playing, you can let them play without oven mitts (because this adds a considerable difficulty) to the game and even allow them to break off small pieces of the candy bar instead of using a knife and fork.
Also, the amount of time it takes to play the game will depend on how many people you have playing the game (and the ages). Just a few people may take 30 minutes or less, while a larger party group may take longer than 30 minutes. Also, if you have a lot of little ones, it may take longer, too.
Have you played the chocolate bar game Christmas / candy games for party or other holidays or for a party game?
(What are some of your favorite candybar games?)
Definitely add this as one of your Christmas games to play with candy bars!