Best Minute To Win It Christmas Games List! Looking for hilarious Christmas party games or fun Christmas activities for families / things to do on Christmas Eve, you’ll love these funny holiday ideas!
Best Minute To Win It Christmas Games For Christmas Parties
We’ve included a fun list of fun minute to win it Christmas ideas, as well as a few team minute to win it games. Most of these are easy games with materials you have at home. If you’re wondering what games do people play on Christmas, add these to your holiday game list!
How do you play win it game Christmas minute?
Players have 1 minute to perform different game challenges that can include:
- Guess The Rudolph Poo Challenge
- Frosty Dress Up Challenge
- Candy Cane Relay
- Jingle Bell Rock Box (aka: Jingle Bell Box Game)
- Ornament Challenge
- Teammate Tree Trimming Challenge
- Stocking Stuffer Scramble
- Candy Cane Pick Up
- Snowman Stack
- Rudolph Nose Dive
- Grow Santa’s Beard Challenge
- Christmas Cookie Chomp Challenge
See the full list of family friendly Christmas games below and directions for how to play each holiday game for your holiday party, after Christmas dinner, or just a fun night at home with family (even younger children).
Funny Minute To Win It Best Christmas Party Games
Fun Christmas-themed “Minute to Win It” games that you can play with your family or if you want to set up a holiday obstacle course challenge for your kids. (These are super fun for kids’ Christmas party ideas!) Here are the most popular Christmas Minute To Win It Games that are always holiday winners for us (our favorite minute to win it holiday activities).
Candy Cane Relay
- Candy canes
- 2 bowls for each player
- Place a bowl of candy canes at one end of the room and an empty bowl by it.
- Have players place a candy cane in their mouths, hook end out. Have players place their hands behind their back.
- When the timer starts, players must walk to the candy cane bowl, hook a candy cane from the bowl on the one in their mouth, and then transfer candy cane to the other bowl. (No hands allowed!)
- The person who can transfer the most candy canes in 1 minute wins.
Jingle Bell Rock
- Jingle bells
- Empty tissue boxes or small boxes with lids with a hole cut in top of each one
- Something to tie boxes onto people (rope, twine, ribbon, etc)
- Tie an empty tissue box around the player’s waist, with the tissue opening facing outward. You can also use any small box with a lid that you cut a hole in the top. (Tape the lids on!)
- Fill the box with jingle bells.
- The player must shake, jump, and dance to get all the jingle bells out of the box in one minute without using their hands. Person who gets the most bells out of their box within 1 minute wins!
GAME TIP: Play the song Jingle Bell Rock to get everyone laughing and dancing! You can also give out funny prizes for different number of jingle bells left.
- Christmas ornaments (plastic)
- Serving spoons / plastic spoon
- Place a bowl of plastic ornaments on one side of the room and an empty bowl on the other.
- Using only the spoon in their mouths (no hands!), players must transfer as many ornaments as possible from one bowl to the other in one minute.
- Person who transfers the most within 1 minute wins.
Stocking Stuffer Scramble
- Large Christmas stockings
- Stocking stuffers like small wrapped gifts, wrapped candy, wrapped candy canes, mini stuffed animals, etc.
- Scatter small gifts or candies around the room.
- Give each player an empty Christmas stocking.
- Blindfold players and set a timer for 1 minute. Players must find and stuff as many items as they can into their stocking in one minute.
- Player who stuffs the most individual items into their Christmas stocking in 1 minute wins.
ALTERNATE GAME PLAY TIP: Many people play this with just candy or candy canes, but you can use other items and allow each player to keep their stocking and everything they stuffed into.
Candy Cane Pick Up
- Candy canes
- Scatter a bunch of candy canes on a table. (I think it’s more of a game challenge to use different sizes of candy canes.)
- Each player puts a candy cane in their mouth (hooked side out) and places their hands behind their backs.
- On GO! players must pick up as many candy canes as possible in one minute using only a candy cane in their mouths. (You can give each player a bowl to transfer their candy canes into.)
- Player who transfers most candy canes in 1 minute wins the game.
- White marshmallows of different sizes
- Players construct the biggest snowman they can one minute using the different marshmallows and toothpicks.
- Tallest snowman built in the 1 minute time frame wins.
GAME PLAY TIP: This is a hysterical game to play as a team game because all the different hands and ideas gets super crazy and is really funny. If you’re playing as a team, allow your team members a couple of minute to brainstorm before the timer starts.
Rudolph Nose Dive
- Red pompoms (medium-large size)
- Petroleum jelly (like Vaseline)
- Coat the noses (the red pom-poms) with Vaseline / petroleum jelly and place them in a large bowl. (Each player should have their own bowl of noses.)
- Blindfold the players. When the one minute timer starts, players shove their faces into the bowl and try to get as many Rudolph noses (pom poms with Vaseline) to stick to their face in one minute. They can use their hands to remove the noses (place them to the side) and keeping trying until time is up.
- Person with the most Rudolph noses at the end of 1 minute wins.
GAME TIP: We found that kids love this game, but adults don’t like it as much. (It can mess up makeup.) Keep that in mind if you’re planning this game.
Santa Beard Challenge
- Cotton balls (or white pompoms)
- Have each play coat a thin layer of Vaseline on their cheeks and chin.
- On GO! players must stick as many cotton balls as possible to their Vaseline-covered faces to create Santa’s beard before time runs out.
- Person who has the most cotton balls on their face when timer ends wins the game. (The cotton balls must be stuck to the face when the time goes off. The ones that fall off don’t count.)
GAME TIP: Like the Rudolph nose game, we found that kids love this game, but adults won’t usually play this one.
Teammate Tree Trimming Challenge
- Green crepe paper (like this) – 2-3 rolls for each player
- Plastic ball ornaments with hooks attached (same number of ornaments for each team)
- Blindfold for each “wrapper” player
- Have players pair off in a two-person team. One person will be the “wrapper” and one person will be the “Christmas tree” that gets wrapped.
- Have the player doing the wrapping/decorating, put on a blindfold. On GO! the blindfolded person has to wrap their teammate in crepe paper and decorate them with all the ornaments before 1 minute is up.
GAME TIP: If you can’t find green crepe paper, you can use a roll of toilet paper for each team and call it the “Make A Snowman Challenge.”
Gift Wrap Relay
- Wrapping paper
- Gift boxes
- Set up a gift wrapping station on a large table with wrapping paper, empty gift boxes, tape, and scissors.
- Players must wrap as many gift boxes as possible in one minute. They must be nicely wrapped like you would when giving a gift to people.
- The person who wraps the most gifts in the allotted time wins the challenge.
Rudolph Reindeer Poo Game Challenge
- Different candy bars
- Paper plates
- Paper or index cards
- Number paper plates and then melt candy bars on them. (One per paper plate. Write the type of candy bar on the bottom or keep track on a separate piece of paper.)
- Divide players into teams.
- Each team must try to identify the melted candy bars (“Rudolph’s Poo”) and write the answer on the paper next to the corresponding number. The team who guesses the most in 1 minute wins.
- White ping pong balls (the “snowballs”)
- Plastic Cups or bowls
- Place cups / bowls at different points around a table.
- Players must toss snowballs (ping pong balls) into the cups/bowls.
- The player who gets the most pin pong balls in the cups/bowls at the end of 1 minute wins.
GAME TIP: For a funny alternative (of chaos), put everyone’s initials on the ping pong balls so you can identify them for scoring after the challenge. At GO! everyone tries getting their ping pong “snowballs” into different cups/bowls at once.
Dressing Frosty Challenge
- Different winter clothing items like hats, scarves, mittens/gloves, hoodie/sweatshirt, etc. (You will need one of each clothing item for each “Frosty” player)
- Have players divide into a team of two. One player will be the “Frosty” who gets dressed and the other player will be the one dressing Frosty.
- Place players in front of a pile of clothes. Each team should have the same number of items and same type of items. (For example, each team has a hat, pair of gloves, sweatshirt, etc.)
- Blindfold each player who is doing the dressing (not the Frosty players).
- On GO! the blindfolded players must find an article of clothing and dress their “Frosty” with clothes and accessories in one minute before time runs out.
- Team who gets their Frosty Snowman dressed the best with the most articles of clothing in 1 minute wins this challenge.
FUN GAME TIP: Put funny items in there like socks or boots. It’s funny to watch someone with a blindfold on try to put hard items on someone else.
Christmas Cookie Chomp Challenge
- Plain (unfrosted) Christmas cutout cookies (one for each player)
- Players start by leaning back and placing a cookie on their forehead.
- Once the one minute timer starts, each player, without using their hands, needs to maneuver the cookie down their face and into their mouths in one minute. (Making different facial expressions / moving facial muscles moves the cookie!)
- If the cookie falls off their face, they must start over by placing the cookie on their forehead again.
- The first person to get to the cookie into their mouth before the minute timer buzzes wins the game.
Candy Cane Fishing
- Regular sized candy canes (large candy cane)
- Small prizes or small wrapped empty boxes
- Twine, ribbon, and/or Christmas ornament hooks
- Prepare small prizes or gifts (or small, empty boxes) with ribbons or twine loops or ornament hooks. (There just needs to be something that is large enough for a candy cane to hook.
- The object of the challenge is to have blind-folded players “fish” for prizes using the candy canes. The person who can fish the most prizes in 1 minute wins the challenge.
GAME PLAY TIP: You can play with real gifts or fake gifts. If they’re real gifts, you can play that they get to keep whatever presents they fish during the 1 minute. If there are leftover gifts, give them out as prizes for challenge winners in other games.
MORE FUN HOLIDAY GAMES TO PLAY FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Fun Christmas edition of BINGO! (Great game for large groups!)
How To Play Christmas Gift Exchange Bingo
- Place all white elephant gifts together on a table.
- Print out the free holiday bingo cards and call number cards.
- The bingo caller calls out the bingo numbers or bingo Christmas items.
- When the first person gets a bingo, they get to choose a gift from the gift table and unwrap it.
- The next person who gets bingo, has two choices: choose an unwrapped gift or steal a gift from one of the unwrapped gifts. (Stealing someone else’s opened gift in exchange for an unopened gift.)
- Continue with this gift pass game bingo until all gifts have been claimed and all the swapping gift exchange gifts is over.
See All Best Christmas Games For More Family Fun In The Christmas Season (tons of family-friendly Christmas activities and ideas!)
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!