This Snowman Cheese Ball is always such a hit at our Christmas parties. However, this would make a great homeschool or school “cooking” project to pair up with a Frosty the Snowman book for a learning unit. (I mean, everyone loves Frosty!)
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s SUPER easy because you can buy the cheese balls ahead of time. This just leaves you and the kids with the fun part–turning cheese into an awesome Frosty the Snowman!
In the recipe, I have listed what I used for the face, arms and scarf. However, you can easily substitute other items like:
- A portion of a cherry for the nose
- Black gummy snacks fashioned into a hat (like these and these)
If you want to make it into an entire learning unit, show the Frosty movie and then have a sing-a-long with the Frosty song.
Cheese Snowman Recipe
- 2 store-bought, pre-made cheese balls (flavors of choice)
- 1 container whipped plain cream cheese[br]
- [b]For Decorating:[/b]
- Nut pieces or black olives
- Green onion
- Pretzel sticks
- Separate one cheese ball into two sections–one larger than the other.
- Roll sections into ball shapes. (One will be the middle of the snowman, the smallest one will be the head.)
- Place full cheese ball on decorative platter or plate. Place the second largest cheese ball on top (connect with a toothpick, if needed). Connect the “head” (smallest cheese ball part) with a toothpick on the top of the other cheese balls.
- Spread the whipped cream cheese over the outside of the cheese ball so that it looks like snow.
- Decorate with items from pantry/refrigerator.[br]
- Eyes/Mouth: pieces of nuts or black olives
- Nose: carrot piece
- Arms: Pretzel pieces
- Scarf: Green part of a green onion
- Serve with your favorite crackers
Frosty the Snowman Items You May Like
AFFILIATE LINKS ARE USED IN THIS POST