Please refer to our DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
As we were studying Harriet Tubman, we came across a fantastic story about her. It wasn’t a story that was documented in the children’s books we read. Instead, it was in a book that recounted stories of Harriet by one of her relatives.
The relative said that one of Harriet’s job as a small girl on the plantation was to pick apples. However, she wasn’t allowed to eat the apples — not even one of them. If she did, Harriet was beaten. After she gained freedom and moved to New York, she planted an apple orchard of her own. She then shared the apples with the entire town and anyone that needed food or wanted the apples.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE : Harriet Tubman and Underground Railroad Free Printables
Isn’t that a great story?
I’m not sure of the validity, but I liked the story and it does sound like something Harriet Tubman would do (grow fruit to feed others), so we decided to pair the story with a theme recipe and honor Harriet’s love of apples by making Apple Snickers Fluff.
Some people call this apple snickers salad, but our recipe is a little different than most, so we like to call it fluff.
(Fluff sounds more fun anyway, don’t you think?)
ALSO CHECK OUT : KWL Template for Apples Free Printable
Snickers Apple Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 single serving size (premade “snack pack”) vanilla pudding
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 Cup Snickers cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cut apples into bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut Snickers candy bar into bite size pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 16 ounces of Cool Whip to the mixing bowl.
- Add 4 single serving vanilla pudding packs to the mixing bowl.
- Stir until Snickers, apples, Cool Whip and pudding are combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
QUICK COOKING TIP: This is such a simple recipe that you can throw it together for last-minute gatherings or outings.
On Our Sister Site : 34 Martin Luther King Jr. Lesson Plans and Activities
Harriet Tubman Books for Kids
(affiliate links are used in this post)