This air fryer corn on the cob summer recipe will quickly become your easy side dish recipe! Air frying corn amplifies the taste and gives the corn a perfect sweet, crispy, and grilled corn taste!
Recipe For Air Fryer Corn On The Cob Summer Side Dish
Air fryer and corn on the cob definitely go together for a yummy, slightly grilled corn! If you’re wondering how do I air fry corn on the cob, this is the recipe for best air fried corn easy!
So, let’s answer can corn be put in air fryer (and how)…
Can corn on the cob be air fried?
If you’re wondering can corn on cob be cooked in air fryer, the answer is YES!
How To Make Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Cut the corn on the cob to the size that best fits your air fryer.
- Rub the corn cobs lightly with olive oil, evenly, to coat.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Air fry corn on cob.
- Turn corn cobs halfway through cook time.
- Serve the air fried sweet corn immediately while warm with butter, salt, and pepper. (You can also try other toppings like mayo, parmesan cheese, lime zest, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, fresh herbs, and more!)
Get the full how to air fryer corn on the cob recipe below. KEEP SCROLLING!
How long do you cook corn air fryer?
How long to cook corn on the cob in air fryer will depend on your air fryer, but you can make fried corn on the cob in the air fryer in about 14 minutes. Be sure to preheat the air fryer before cooking corn and then turn the corn on the cob half way through to get the fried corn char on both sides.
How To Pick The Perfect Corn On The Cob
To air fry corn on a cob, grill corn, or boil corn…
How do you pick a ripe corn?
- Choose a corn with a green husk that isn’t dry
- Avoid corn with husks that have brown spots or insect holes
- Look for silks (the “corn hair”) at the end of the husks that are dark brown
- Squeeze the corn lightly and look for firm and not mushy corn
- Peel back the husk and look for corn that is full without molding or missing/bare kernel areas
- Puncture a corn kernel with your fingernail and look for milky liquid/creamy liquid (and not clear)
But how long is uncooked corn on the cob good for in the fridge?
How To Store Corn On The Cob
Cooked corn on the cob can be stored in the refrigerator for around 3 days, for best flavor. Wrap each individual corn cob in foil and place in an airtight container or sealable bag. To freeze the corn (even air fried corn cob), cut off the corn and then place in freezer safe containers.
Let’s get to how to fry corn in air fryer…
Recipe For Corn On The Cob In Air Fryer
You can make air fryer corn on the cob no oil, but we prefer to rub the airfryer corn on the cob with olive oil before frying.
Some people make air fryer corn on the cob in foil (corn wrapped in aluminum foil), but we just place ours directly on the sheet (if using an air fryer oven) or into the basket if using a smaller air fryer like this.
You will have to cut the corn cobs to the size that will fit into your specific air fryer machine.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Because air fryers differ, your air fryer corn on the cob time and temp may vary slightly from this recipe. We recommend using the air fryer corn on the cob cook time and temperature as a starting point the first time you make it and then closely watch and adjust accordingly.
I’ve seen some people talk about air fryer corn on the cob in husk, but we haven’t tried it. Let me know if you make air fryer grilled corn on the cob with the husk!
- 4 ears fresh corn on cob, husks and silk removed and washed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Butter, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 °F for 5 minutes.
- Rub each ear of corn with olive oil until lightly and evenly coated.
- Place coated ears of corn in a single layer in air fryer basket or on air fryer sheet pan in air fryer oven.
- Fry corn (air fryer setting) for 14 minutes, turning once halfway through until slightly charred. Do not overcook.
- Served hot, topped with butter, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Recipe and Read for Kids
These children’s books are great to pair up with the air fried corn on the cob recipe:
- From Kernel to Corn (Start to Finish, Second Series)
- Corn Is Maize: The Gift of the Indians (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
- My Family’s Corn Farm