White chocolate dipped Ritz peanut butter crackers are the perfect easy holiday dessert recipes! Great for homemade holiday food gift ideas or if you need white chocolate recipes, too!
White Chocolate Ritz Crackers
My mom has been making these Ritz crackers, peanut butter dipped in white chocolate, for as long as I can remember and they’re always a huge hit with everyone.
(I know, white chocolate dipped Ritz crackers sounds weird, but you’ll just have to trust me.)
This holiday recipe falls between a cookie and a candy.
They are Ritz crackers, made into cracker sandwiches with peanut butter in the middle, and then dipped in white chocolate.
It sounds so simple (and it is), but these are sooooo good.
Also, they make great gifts to package up in a clear gift jar (or holiday baking boxes), tie with a festive bow, and give as homemade Christmas gifts.
We prefer white chocolate melts for this holiday cookie recipe (?candy recipe), but you can use any kind of chocolate (or color of chocolate melts) that go with your theme!
What’s white chocolate?
Is white chocolate chocolate? White chocolate isn’t actual chocolate. Instead, it is what is known as a “chocolate confection” made up of cocoa butter, sugar, milk solids (instead of cocoa solids) and vanilla. Since it does not contain cocoa solids, it cannot be classified as chocolate (even though it’s called that).
Looking for more white chocolate recipes?
How To Melt White Chocolate
White chocolate is easily melted in a double boiler over low heat. If you are making a recipe with kids, melting white chocolate is safe in a mini crockpot food warmer. This allows the chocolate to stay melted while you dip cookies, fruit, or pretzels.
OK! Let’s get to our Ritz cracker dessert!
Ritz Crackers Peanut Butter Dipped in White Chocolate
We make our Ritz cracker cookie recipes plain, but you can also add holiday sprinkles, crushed candy canes, or other toppings to go with your theme!
Also, we melt white chocolate (it really is the best with the peanut butter), but you can also use milk chocolate melts and dark chocolate melts. (Or make a few of each!)
- 24 Ritz crackers
- 24 ounces white (vanilla) almond bark or white chocolate
- Peanut butter
- In a double boiler (or mini crockpot), melt half of the white chocolate (or almond bark).
- While the white chocolate is melting, spread peanut butter on a cracker and then top with another cracker to make a sandwich. Repeat until all crackers are used.
- Drop one of the sandwich crackers into the melted almond bark. With a fork, flip the cracker sandwich over until it is completely covered with the white chocolate.
- With fork, remove cracker sandwich from chocolate and place on a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper to cool. Swirl the fork on the top of the cookie to make a melted chocolate tip.
- Repeat as necessary until all of the cracker sandwiches are covered.
- Cool to harden before serving or packaging.
If you need more chocolate, add more to the melted chocolate in the mini crock pot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Books About Chocolate For Kids
Try these children’s book pairings for this recipe: