This homemade chocolate frosty is made with SNOW (how about that for a Wendys frosty recipe hack?)! Instead of ice cream, we made our ice cream dessert recipe with snow for a winter snow day activity and it tastes just like the real thing! This winter treat can be made in just a few minutes probably with things you already have at home (if you have snow outside!) and is a fun for snowy days.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE FROSTY MADE WITH FRESH SNOW
Although you can make a homemade frosty in ice cream maker, we made ours with snow ice cream… and it tastes just like a copycat Wendy’s frosty! This was one of our favorite snow day recipes!
DIY Chocolate Frosty Ingredients
Homemade Frosty Ingredients:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Whole milk
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Chocolate Syrup
- Fresh, clean snow
Get the full homemade chocolate frost with snow recipe below!
What can you make out of snow?
Try these other fun winter snow recipes:
- Vanilla snow ice cream
- Snow taffy (this is an awesome snow dessert recipe that you can also make into suckers!)
- Chocolate old fashioned snow cream recipe with sprinkles
- Homemade vanilla frosty with snow (just leave they syrup out of this recipe!)
ALSO CHECK OUT: Snow Activity Ideas for Winter Fun or Snow Days
Let’s get to the homemade frosty chocolate ice cream with snow recipe!
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Frosty Recipe with Snow
You can also make this a homemade vanilla frosty just by leaving out the chocolate syrup.
Also, this homemade chocolate frosty recipe can be on the sweet side (at least it was for me), so don’t be afraid to play around with the sweet components of the recipe (sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar and chocolate syrup).
If the homemade frosty condensed milk ingredient is too much, leave it out and use all milk. (It might be more like a homemade frosty chocolate milk recipe then, but it will still be good.)
This copycat homemade frosty from Wendy’s will become a favorite winter recipe (and it’s a super fun winter activity for kids!).
Snow Chocolate Frosty
This homemade chocolate frosty is made from snow! (HOW FUN!) And, it tastes just like a copycat Wendy's chocolate frosty ice cream!
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon powdered confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Hershey's Chocolate Syrup (or more, as needed)
- 8 cups of snow (or more, as needed)
- While snowing, placing a large bowl on a table or chair outside to collect fresh snow. Leave snow outside in the cold until ready to add it to the recipe!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Sweetened Condensed milk, powdered sugar, and chocolate syrup until combined. Taste (it will be super sweet!) and add more chocolate syrup if necessary.
- Bring in the snow from outside and, cup by cup, add it into the chocolate milk mixture. Gently stir until combined and until it is slightly melted, but don't over stir! If it becomes too soupy/runny, add more snow.
- Ladle into cups and serve immediately with a spoon. (Makes about 4 small cups.) It does not refreeze well, so be sure to eat it right after you make it!
This is a SWEET ice cream dessert. If you find it too sweet, you can lower the condensed milk and add more regular milk and try it without the powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.