This St. Patrick’s Day pudding parfait is not only a healthy St. Patrick’s Day snack, it’s also one of those easy St. Patrick’s Day activities for kindergarten, preschool, toddlers (and all ages!). We have multiple ideas for easy St Patricks day snack recipes and green snack ideas for a fun party or treat!
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Pudding Parfait For Kids
This layered green dessert / St. Patrick’s Day snack recipe is only one of the fun things you can serve on the holiday or for a St. Patty’s Day party for kids. If you’re looking for fun St Patricks Day snacks or wondering what are some green snacks I can serve at the party, try these ideas!
What do you serve at a St Patrick’s Day party?
St Patrick’s Day party snack ideas for kids:
- Layered green St. Patrick’s Day pudding parfait
- Lucky Charms cereal with green tinted milk (this is fun if you’re wondering how can I surprise my kids for St Patrick’s Day)
- Green and white M&Ms
- Spinach dip with rainbow vegetables (carrots, orange bell peppers, etc.)
- Green gummy snacks
- Kiwi and honeydew melon cut into shamrock shapes (use a small cookie cutter)
- Green rice krispie treats
- Cucumbers with green tinted dip
- Green grapes
- Mint Oreo cookies
- St. Patrick’s Day trail mix (lots of green and white) or Chex Mix / party mix
- Green chocolate covered pretzels
- Lucky Charms marshmallows (it’s totally a thing! check it out!)
- Guacamole with pita chips (get recipe)
- Edible leprechaun hats (get recipe)
- Pot-O-Gold Popcorn Bites at the end of the rainbow (get recipe)
- Mini leprechaun donuts (get recipe)
- Shamrock pastries (get recipe)
- Make green spaghetti noodles for sensory play or eating (get recipe)
- Green and white colored chocolate popcorn (get recipe)
Don’t miss the full parfait recipe for St Patricks Day party food for kids below!
You can even use these to put together a fun St. Patrick’s Day snack board! (Learn how to put together a holiday snack board here.)
Check Out More Easy St Patricks Day Recipes and Crafts
DON’T MISS: FUN ST PATRICK’S DAY IDEAS FOR TODDLERS
Yogurt Parfait Topping Ideas
Fun toppings for yogurt parfaits or pudding parfaits:
- Shaved chocolate
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed Oreos
- Mint leaves
- Honey drizzle
- Mini marshmallows
- Nuts (slivered almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc)
- Chia seeds
- Mini M&Ms
- Whipped cream
- Nerds candy
- Tapioca pearls (“boba”)
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate syrup drizzle
- Crushed graham crackers or cookies
Our parfait recipe is yummy without any toppings, if you want to leave it plain!
How To Make a Green St. Patrick’s Day Parfait
This parfait is one of the easiest kid friendly St Patricks day recipes because you can prepare the items ahead of time and just let the kids assemble their own parfait.
If you are making these ahead of time for a party, these parfait cups with lids are perfect because you can make the parfaits and let them chill until you need them!
St. Patrick's Day Pudding Parfait
These layered parfaits make festive St. Patty's Day treats or a great addition to a fun St. Patrick's Day snack board for kids!
If you don't want a pudding parfait, you can easily substitute vanilla yogurt instead of the white chocolate pudding.
- 1 package instant white chocolate pudding + package ingredients to make the pudding
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping
- Green food coloring
- 1 banana
- 2 kiwis
- 1/2-1 Tablespoons Chia seeds (optional)
- Toppings like shaved chocolate, chocolate chips, assorted berries (like raspberries or strawberries), etc. (optional)
- Prepare instant pudding mix according to the package directions. Chill until ready to use.
- Peel kiwi and cut into thin slices (the size to fit into the glasses or parfait dishes you are using).
- Slice the banana.
- Place thawed Cool Whip into a small mixing bowl. Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring and gently stir. (Add more food coloring, if necessary, to get the green color you desire.)
- Add half of the instant pudding mix to the green Cool Whip and gently stir. (Add more food coloring, if necessary.)
- In the remaining pudding, add chia seeds and stir. (Optional, or just leave plain.)
For the parfait layering:
- Place a small amount of the plain pudding (or pudding with Chia seeds, if you used those) into the bottom of each glass.
- Layer bananas and kiwi on top of the pudding.
- Spoon green Cool Whip / pudding mixture on top of the fruit.
- Top with shaved chocolate or chocolate chips and/or raspberries and strawberries. (Optional.) For St. Patrick's day we like to use some shaved chocolate or mini chocolate chips (and leave the red berries out).
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat.
We use small jars or even juice glasses for our parfaits for kids. It gives them enough of the treat without a lot of waste.
How many parfaits you get out of this recipe will depend on how big or small your parfait cups are and how much banana and kiwi you use. Play around with it and get it to the taste you like!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Let us know your St Patrick’s Day snack food ideas so we can add it to our list!