Need a red white blue drink, non alcoholic summer drinks for patriotic celebrations or theme parties, or red white blue food dishes? This patriotic punch is a light summer drink perfect for party drinks and a fun drink recipe for kids to make!
RED WHITE BLUE DRINK RECIPE
Looking for easy red white and blue drinks non alcoholic that you can serve to kids and adults alike?
Try this read white blue drink!
(All ages love this recipe!)
Definitely add it to your red white blue food party, Memorial Day cookout, July 4th party, or even a sleepover or birthday party with a red, white, and blue theme!
What you’ll need to make red white and blue drinks:
- Red fruit (like strawberries, cranberries, cherries, pomegranate seeds, or raspberries)
- Blue fruit (like blueberries or blackberries)
- “White” fruit (like apples, pineapple, pear, or coconut)
- Bubbly clear liquid like Sprite or Seltzer water (if you’re not a fan of bubbly stuff, use flat water, apple juice, or water or whatever your other favorite drink is) — sometimes we mix cranberry juice and cranberry Bubly sparkling water and that’s a big hit
- Wide mouth glass (we like to use those mason jars with handles)
- Small star cookie cutter (optional, but those star apples or pineapples look super cute in the drink for red white and blue themed food!)
HOW TO MAKE A RED WHITE AND BLUE DRINK
This red white blue drink recipe is super easy (even for a last minute recipe) and can be changed up with different fruits based on your needs.
It works great for red white and blue drinks for 4th of July, Patriotic Punch for Memorial Day, or any time you have a red white and blue theme party!
You can even use water or seltzer water for healthy homemade drinks for summer!
- 2 red apples (any variety), skin on
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced (reserve a few if you want to garnish the glass)
- 32 ounces chilled seltzer water, Sprite, or any bubbly clear liquid (you can also use flat water)
- Slice apples about 1/4-inch thick. (Thick enough to cut into stars.) Using a small star cookie cutter, cut stars out of the apple slices. (Or, you can free-hand stars with a knife or kitchen scissors if you're good at those kinds of things!)
- In 4 wide-mouth glasses (we like to use mason jar glasses with handles), layer fruit (rotating colors). Position apple stars on the outside so they can be seen! Pack the glass to the top with fruit.
- Tip the glass and carefully pour in liquid drink. Garnish edge of glass with strawberries (optional). Serve immediately. (Be sure to encourage your guests to eat the fruit after and not waste it!)
This recipe is easy to change up based on your tastes. You can even use pineapple stars instead of apples!
For the liquid, you can use any clear liquid (Sprite, water, seltzer water, apple juice, etc.).
If you want to give your drink a red tint, mix cranberry juice with sprite for bubbly fun!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 6gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated. Changes to the recipe and use of different brands may cause changes to the nutritional information to vary slightly from the ones provided here.
Wondering What should I drink on a hot day?
Try our flavored water recipes that kids will love!
Fun Patriotic Books for Kids
This is a really great recipe to for read and learn. You can go with patriotic books or even just red, white, and blue themes for reading / learning.
Here are some books pairings for this recipe:
ALSO CHECK OUT: WHAT TO SERVE AT A MEMORIAL DAY PARTY FOR KIDS