As we were studying Harriet Tubman in homeschool, we came across a fantastic story about her. It wasn’t a story that was documented in books. Instead, it was a book that was recounted by one of her relatives.
The relative told that one of Harriet’s job as a small girl on the plantation was to pick apples. However, she wasn’t allowed to eat the apples — not even one of them. If she did, Harriet was beaten. After she gained freedom and moved to New York, she planted an apple orchard of her own. She then shared the apples with the entire town and anyone that needed food or wanted the apples.
Isn’t that a great story?
I’m not sure of the validity, but I liked the story and it does sound like something Harriet Tubman would do, so we decided to pair the story with our theme recipe and make Apple Snickers Fluff.
Some people call this apple snickers salad, but our recipe is a little different than most, so we like to call it fluff. (Fluff sounds more fun anyway, don’t you think?)
Snickers Apple Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 single serving size (premade "snack pack") vanilla pudding
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 Cup Snickers cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cut apples into bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut Snickers candy bar into bite size pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 16 ounces of Cool Whip to the mixing bowl.
- Add 4 single serving vanilla pudding packs to the mixing bowl.
- Stir until Snickers, apples, Cool Whip and pudding are combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.