The best camping food ideas are quick and easy recipes to make after setting up camp. If you’re wondering what are good meals for camping (especially if you’re camping with kids!), we’ve got you covered with fun outdoor recipe ideas, easy campfire food, and even best make ahead meals for camping!
BEST CAMPING FOOD IDEAS
People stress out about good camping meals, but you don’t need fancy camping meals to make yummy camp recipes!
(Remember, almost everything tastes good when you’re fresh of the grid and enjoying nature!)
Instead, try these campfire food recipes, especially when you have hungry little ones to feed!
Easy Camping Meals for Family
Try these best easy camping food ideas:
- Walking Tacos
- Dutch Oven Chili
- Campfire Nachos
- Grilled Pineapple
- Campfire Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
- Breakfast Burritos
- Campfire Dessert Cones
- Spaghetti In a Hotdog Bun
- Campfire Roasted Hot Dogs
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Mason Jar Meals
- Skillet Bread
- Johnny Cakes (Hoe Cakes)
- Dutch Oven Mac n Cheese
- Foil BBQ Chicken and Vegetables Pack
- Campfire French Toast or Pancakes
- Dutch Oven Apple Pie
DON’T MISS OUR FULL CAMP FOOD RECIPE RECOMMENDATIONS BELOW!
What is the best food to take camping?
What are good snacks for camping?
- Peanut Butter (or nut butter substitutes)
- Dehydrated Foods (just add water)
- Trail Mix
- Muffins (can be toasted right on the campfire!)
- Potatoes (foil wrap them and place them in the fire or fry them)
- Instant Mac and Cheese
- Instant Coffee Packs
- Tea Bags
- Flavored Drink Packets
BEST CAMPING FOOD IDEAS FOR FAMILY
Try these ideas for easy camping meals for large groups or for small family campfire food!